2

2 YEARS LATER

"Namashkar Dr. Sarkar! May I come in?" Said Anirudh as he entered the temporary medical camp. He was introduced to the Doctor during the enimity case two years ago.

The court had appointed him to treat his father and Roy Choudhary family was supposed to pay for his conveniences and also all the treatments and medicines that would be needed and provided in this camp. All because of the heinous stunt that Somnath had pulled off in his mad enemity towards Krishnanagar, putting lives of several women at bay.

But the Doctor was well off had decided to put every single penny into setting up this camp and making arrangements for it and started treating patients, trying to reverse the blow the women of the towns had faced 2 years ago, all due to his stupid brother, who himself also lost the license of practice and was now under probation for the last two years and was supposed to train again, only this time under Dr. Debashish himself and if he, as chosen by the medical committee, deemed Somnath capable and compatible, they shall decide Somnath's fate as a Doctor.

The women and children from around the three towns and the nearby villages were offered free services and medicines here. But initially the footfall of women was way less than the doctor had expected. Anirudh knew the struggle of this situation and had tried to help him as much as possible. During a court session he had himself also suggested much to the doctor's dismay, taking Thakuma's help because of her experience, position and influence into developing the medicine that could help the suffering women, and Thakuma due to her guilt of keeping that snake of man Chandrachur for years in her house and destroying several lives across the towns, had readily accepted the offer. Owing to the court's order and for the betterment of his patients, the Doctor had agreed for her help, but on a note of only formal interactions, exchange of knowledge and nothing more. he seemed to have developed a dislike for Thakuma, it seemed as if he almost hated her, for who knew what reason. But he maintained peace during the process and had respected her experience and skill, though he made sure to finish the process of development in the first few months itself. He had already figured out the issue during the proceedings of the case, and she was luckily aware of the solution, plus Roy Chaudhary had the resources to provide, so it did not take much time to prepare the medicines.
Also Thakuma's help and insistence brought people from Krishnanagar to the Camp and he himself also had sent many from Tulsipur, due to which people from nearby villages and Deenpur also followed.

The doctor was indeed a man of great caliber and in fact a highly skilled doctor, who was majorly brought up in London. He was almost the same age as Anirudh, in fact during a conversation they found out they were actually batchmates but he was from the medical wing of the King's college, which had a separate Campus. Probably why they never really met during his time in London.

There was not a day in the last two years except for the occasional visits to London that the doctor had to make, when he had not come to see his Baba, ofcourse he was officially bound too by the court for two visits every week, but the man had gone to great lengths in trying to find even a single hope for Anirudh to keep him going. And he knew why, ...because of Her.

He had put much more effort than Somnath and him and the foreign visit to doctors combined. He would sit with him everyday to let Anirudh know the developments, spend long ours at their haveli to observe note any change, to monitor the responses, he had sat with every member of the family trying understand each and every aspect and religiously submitting reports every week to him for him and the court, both. A very punctual man.

They had met during the case, through Her. The case that changed everything for them, his family, Das parivaar, for Tulsipur, Krishnanagar and him. But mostly for her.

'That case changed everything, it ended the war of the two villages, brought families together, people seemed genuinely happy, his village was now safe , the food security was better, the resources were back. women and children were safer, his family now focused on what was important and required, his Kaka was handling Zamindari, Sampoorna Maa taking care of his father and her 10 years old daughter and Somnath trying to get back on his feet, trying to understand the working of the factory and trades, trying to arrange the money for compensation of his deeds. And him... he had his father to take care of and a few cases here and there as many he could manage with his Baba and Camp. Everyone was back to their lives, they had all found their way back to normal. Everyone was happy and content.
But for him, he also felt something was missing and knew very well what was missing or rather whom. He got everything back, his family, his life, his peace, but...she left...left everything...and went away...alone... and forever.' He shook his head lightly to stop the train of thoughts as he heard the doctor.