A/N

Hey hey hey y'all! KitKat here and I'm making this A/N to sort of explain how this whole vampire universe of mine works and how the mates are a thing and yada yada yada. This is a very important A/N so I suggest not ignoring this and without further ado let me start with our lovely background.

Background

Okay so in this vampire kingdom there are 5 different cities each representing different powers or abilities the vampire princes or descendants receive when they are mated to their mates. These five cities each have different life styles and operate differently based on the ability the princes receive. In order to gain their abilities the vampires have to be bonded to their mates which I will explain in a bit. So this realm was once one big colony before a visiting sorcerer cast a spell over the original five protectors which gave them their abilities and would soon be passed on to their children. So the colony became split between the five protectors and then when the first vampire King and Queen found out they decided on these rules.

When the vampires find their hearts true desire the bond between them shall ignite a fire. Burning bright, a bond that cannot be devoured, their mates are the key to unlock their true power.

So fast forward to when the fifteen vampire descendants were born, three will take over each of the five cities and rule it with their mates. And with the abilities as the vampires reproduce the powers evolved so now there are still five cities but each descendant has a different power.

Roles

Okay so now I bet you're asking "well how tf do all these roles work?" And I'm gonna answer that

Kings and Queens

So the Kings and/or Queens are the primary rulers of the vampire realm as a whole. In this case Ukai and Takeda are the primary kings of the realm once Ukai's grandfather steps down. The Kings and/or Queens are at the top of the power chain and they are the ones who decide what is or isn't allowed and what consequences those things have. Along with this they can travel between realms with ease and re generally the most powerful. As for how they are killed, much like in helluva boss and hazbin hotel, depending on their status and power determines how they are killed. With the Kings and/or Queens they aren't killed with what you'd think they are killed with. How I imagine vampires in this world are a bit different. So with them since they are at the highest power the only way they are killed is if they are shot through the heart with a bullet that has been coated in virgin blood or if they get shot with an arrow with blessings carved into it. Garlic and holy water can weaken them as can sunlight but in this world vampires can regenerate so it won't do much.

Princes and Princesses

So naturally next are the princes. So these guys are as I mentioned before the ones who rule the five cities once they gain their abilities. They can also travel between realms easily but they aren't as high in power ranks as the king or queen. They're responsible for ruling the cities and in this realm the royals aren't tyrants like they are portrayed in most stories. Now then before they have their abilities obviously they can travel between realms and have heightened senses as well as speed and they can hear when their mates are happy. Now when they're bonded to their mates(I'll explain how that works too) they gain their abilities as well as telepathy with their mates. Now with their royal status they are hard to kill. Basically they can be killed the same way as the kings and queens but holy water, garlic, and sunlight might have a bit more of an effect on them.

Knights

The vampire realm is generally a modern place and the knights job is basically the same as a cop which is to enforce the laws made by the royals. They have the same weakness as general vampires with the ability to regenerate.