8. It Won't Be Long

───────────────────────

 RAIDERS OF THE Lost Ark fucked Juno up royally because the entire time she, Steven, and Layla were venturing through the tunnels, she made sure to be on guard for any traps or a huge boulder that would crush her entire body and kill her instantly. 

The only thing that seemed to settle her fear was seeing the pure wonderment and casination on Steven's face as the trio continued on. His eyes lit up like a child's on Christmas, making Juno fall for him more and more with each passing step.

"Strange," Steven remarked, shining his flashlight on the tunnel walls.

"It's a maze," Layla announced, gaze darting to the different paths.

"It's a-maze-ing," replied Steven. When no one laughed at his pun, he frowned, and as soon as he did, Juno let out a soft laugh that only he heard.

"Steven, she means that there are six paths," Juno corrected the man. She pointed to the six different walkways that had been carved out thousands of years prior.

Steven nodded, as if he had known all along that that was what Layla had been referring to all along. "Right. Six points."

Layla knelt down and picked up a bunch of bullets that were sprawled out within the sand. "What would they be shooting at?" she wondered aloud.

"I don't think I want to find out," Juno admitted. She turned her head to see Steven writing some unknown to her symbol in the sand. She approached him and peered over his shoulder at what he was drawing.

"This whole structure," he continued drawing as he spoke. "is a symbol."

"That's the eye of Horus," Layla said.

"Yeah," Steven agreed. "Look at that." He shined his flashlight on the design, which projected it onto the ceiling. 

"Wow," Juno murmured.

"Right? It's the royal symbol, protection in the afterlife," explained Steven. "I mean, like, the resources needed to build this thing."

Layla, who was previously looking at the wall, turned to look at the couple that was standing together. "Her final avatar was a pharaoh," she stated.

Steven gasped, while Juno's eyes grew. "Woah! A bloody pharaoh."

"So, is it a map, or could it be a clue?" Juno asked, gesturing to the eye.

"Yeah, it's a map. Right. So, the eye of Horus is also the eye of the mind, yeah?" Steven started, turning to the sorcerer standing next to him. "Representing the six senses, six points. So you got the eyebrow that denotes thoughts. Pupil, sight, obviously. This point, here is, uh, hearing." Layla looked at Juno and smirked at the way her friend was intently staring at Steven as he was explaining everything. "Smell. Touch. And this long line ending in a spiral is the tongue."