1. That's all this is eh

Something heavy twitched on top of Audra, her eyes fluttering open to meet an off-white ceiling. The light bleeding through the flimsy net curtains blinded her and amplified the pounding of her head. She swallowed the dry lump in her throat, tasting the whiskey she chased last night. Blinking away the sleep from her eyes, she looked away from the harsh light.

A photograph hanging from the wall was oddly familiar. The peach coloured walls and floral duvet were too comforting, like a distant memory. Maybe it's a dream.

She squinted her eyes and ripped the arm away from her. Walking closer to the picture, she almost squeaked at the realisation that she'd slept with one of the Halston brothers.

"Shit, this can't be happening," she thought. All three of them were not her type. They had all been close growing up, but she hadn't seen nor spoken to them in a decade.

Taking a deep breath, she willed herself to turn round and walk towards the man in bed. There's no face visible, just a mop of dark tousled hair covering his eyes. He's on his front, his left arm stretching over the bed. Audra inched closer to get a better look, cursing her father for inheriting his terrible eyesight. She leant her elbows on the bed and tilted her head to examine his features.

The crooked nose and scar that sat on top were enough confirmation.

She's only gone and slept with Jamie Halston.

Youngest Halston brother. 

The panic rose as she collected her clothes from the floor. The silk blouse she wore last night, buttons missing. She shoved it on and tied the hem, hoping it didn't show her cleavage. The niggling pain ate away at her as she shimmied into her jeans and hooked her shoes in hand.

Pressing her ear to the door, she shrunk away at the sound of Jamie's mother. Audra glanced back to the man in the bed, wondering how this boy even became one. She knows he's a heavy sleeper. Dragging her feet on the cold floor, she stalled at his fingers twitching on the space beside him. 

She slapped his arm, instantly regretting it when the impact stung her palm. His hand wrapped around her wrist and yanked her back to the bed. His lips smashed into hers, teeth clinking. She melted into his embrace for a second, forgetting who he was. 

Tearing away from him, she fell off the bed with a thump. "This can't be happening," she whispered. Her hands traced the warmth of her lips, the gesture distracting Jamie from the fully clothed girl. 

Jamie stumbled out of bed at the echo of footsteps stomping up the stairs. He stepped over Audra, foot tangling in the sheet, but managed to keep up and push against the door before his mother could walk in.

 He opened the door a little and poked his head out. "Yeah. I'm okay, Mum. Just fell out of bed." He scratched the back of his head, muscles shifting over his back. 

 "Take a shower. You reek of alcohol." His mother said before leaving him alone. 

Closing the door, he turned to Audra and laughed lightly at her, frozen in the same position on the floor. "Shower?" He asked, raising a suggestive brow at her. There's a mischievous look in his eye, one she's not seen before from the sweet boy she once knew. He reached out for her, pouting when she retreated from his touch. 

 "You wish," she thought to herself. The words were on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't work out how to act around Jamie. 

Since when did he become a man? Her eyes wandered down his body, taking in the black ink peeking over the underwear on his hip.

"You were a lot more vocal last night." The smile slipped from his face when she groaned and flung herself back into the bed, covering herself with the duvet.