Chapter Three - E Pellici

Ophelia - The Lumineers

London here we are

We finally landed in the country full of english, London UK. everything went according to my dad's plan. Well not everything when we are in the airport. Dad receive a text from Mr. Leon Kirsten, His boss. Mr Kirsten is a very sweet, thoughtful man. Him and dad has been friends for so manyy years yet dad still see him as a boss since without mr kirsten, he will not be able to do this kind of job. Every weekend Mr Kirsten always visits us in the house, brought some foods and breads and coffee. and for us teenagers, he makes sure that when he can give us books and he will. Mr Kirsten stands as a second father to us since he doesn't have kids. We don't know the reason why but it really doesn't matter. He took care of mom's bills when she was giving birth to us both since dad didn't have much finance to support her but when dad return the favor, Mr Kirsten refuses to accept it.  

" leon told us to meet him in the E Pellici and from there he will escort us to the house that we are going to stay in " i look around as i wait for a taxi to arrive but in my surprise, it was not a taxi but a Ranger Rover. the car stops in front of us and the driver went outside. He's a gentle not so old looking man for me. He wears very formal yet he isn't uncomfortable on it. well i think he is enjoying his job after all '" Mr and Mrs. Redgrave " the old man smiles on both mom and dad. he stares at dad for a second more like a fatherly look that missed his child after a long separation and hugs him tight " George, It's been a long time " dad smiles and pat his back " indeed Mr. Carlton. i've missed you " dad responds. Mr. Carlton looks at us and gave us a warm smile " Juliet and Beth, what a pretty poise ladies you both are. Now let me get your bags and we'll go straight to where sir leon is. it's getting quite dark later on so let's get on roll " Mr Carlton then grab our bags and place it on the boot, dad helps him since a lot of our luggage are not light weights. We got inside and so is Mr. Carlton. 

Mr Carlton looks at the mirror above to take a view on us and starts driving " Don't worry E Pellici is not far away from here. Ah just like the old times, ain't it george " he says and we both listen to him " indeed sir " Dad responds. The ride was in fact not that long it takes about a 35 minute drive from the airport. We spent the drive listening  to dad , mom and Mr. Carlton talk about those great old times and how mr carlton was so excited for our arrival. " the two girls can finally see where you and leon spent your childhood. it's time for them to experience it " he added that makes dad expression curious " i thought we are in some pent house thingy " dad ask " well change of plans, you know leon. he want's everything to be well precise and serene. Mostly it's you who will stay there. let leon explains it to you when we get there. i bet he sips 10 mugs of coffee there already " Mr. Carlton laughs. that bloody man. 

we got out of the car and there it was, E PELLICI. the mixtures of smell from a coffee and warm bread rolls spreads. oh london. our bags was still inside the car and we got inside of the cafe. the strong aroma of coffee swift in my noses and i feel like i want to proceed to the counter but then suddenly " GEORGE!!!! " a squealed was heard from behind. It's uncle leon. Wearing a formal suit that looks like he just got out of the meeting. " you knackered bloke " dad shakes his head as he laugh out loudly with uncle. now they look like two old roomies. " uncle " we both greet uncle leon, giving him a quick peck on the cheeks " the two lovely ladies, come come sit. i'll ask for a waiter. i know for sure you still didn't eat " uncle then calls out for a waiter and ask us what we wanna eat. mines simple since i'm not that really good at taking heavy meals so i order some warm bread rolls and amerikano and the other orders as well. as we wait for the food to be served, beth and i listened to them talking.

" why the change of plans? " dad then asks drinking a glass of water" if you mean in the house, well. as i look over yesterday. the pent house that your family will going to lived on is far away from the exact location where the company will be built in. i wonder is there any house of mine that is vacant and near to the site. and guess what george " uncle leon's eyes teasingly look at dads. dad gave him the what expression. " it's in the Stanbury, west yorkshire near madame charlotte. that's the only house near the site haworth. remember the times we used to run to the fields there? you almost tripped and broke your bloody thin arms " uncle leon said and dad gave him a death glare yet laughing expression. " How's your son by the way " dad then mention that get's beth's attention. Yes Uncle has a son, their fruit of love. Duke Peter Kirsten. He is attractive, a little bit older than me, business minded and he is now the left hand of his father to their business with dad and beth admire duke for his work enthusiasm. " oh that boy, his doing good in the office. as you can see, he is now in charge in the office since i'm here in london but i'll be back tomorrow in new york to fix some papers " while uncle was explaining the food was served in each one of us and as he was speaking, we ate. " but i hear duke will take a vacation here in london too. i don't know. that boy is quiet dead serious on everything " 

beth's smiles. i can possibly tell. she is really really bad at hiding. i just smile and finish my food. " excuse me " i then excused myself from the conversation to look around since i'm the first one to finish. i walk outside, bring my hands behind me as i stroll around slowly until a light tap on my shoulders was felt, i turn around and a familiar man came up to me " Juliet right? " he asks and then there it hits me. " Alan! oh my god, i apologize for not recognizing you " i laugh and clasp my hands together. He smiles and put his hands on his pocket " not to worry, i am always forgotten. kidding " his deep laugh from his chest makes me laugh as well. we both took a sit outside near the e pellici and talk about things and our travel. " i was surprised to see you here " i said " E Pellici is one of my favorite cafe here in london. every morning they serve the best hot coffee and breakfast " he explains " Where you headed? " he asks, his elbows resting on the top of the bench while his head is resting on his hands. " oh as far as i heard. we're going to west yorkshire in stanbury. " his eyes widen and nods " stanbury is a great town. i've been there before once or twice. can't remember " he jokingly put his fingers on his temple as we both laugh " seriously it's great there " he then checks his watch. " oops, i gotta run. i have more important things to work with. it's nice seeing you here in london, juliet darling " he grabs my hand slowly and gave it a kiss. i felt my cheeks turns pink and i know he notice that. no don't. just don't, is this what my friend telling me. every men in london is sweet as a cherry but prick as roses' stem. " It's very nice to see you to alan,. i Hope to bump with you again " i said and give him a smile. he smiles and then he disappears in the crowd. my eyes won't leave the crowd until dad calls for me when they are outside the cafe. 

" come on. we're leaving. it's getting darker " dad said and as i nod. i got inside the car and gaze at the window. another hours of drive. i said to myself and close my eyes. Sleeping on the rest of the travel.

_

Don't forget to vote! like what i said, i'll make this chapter a bit longer than the previous chapter, i'm so excited for your journey. Mix of feelings? might be? Your Journey is yet to start. Can't wait to write more tomorrow!!