3 | 𝙄𝙣 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙔𝙚𝙩 𝙄𝙣 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙖𝙡

Shit! What has she done?!

She almost kissed Manik Malhotra.

The Father of her Boyfriend.

What if Dhruv gets to know about it?

Nandini was almost about to have a full blown panic attack. After running away from Mr. Malhotra she got ready for bed and was trying to sleep in the guest bedroom of the enormous Malhotra Mansion. She didn't want to sleep in Dhruv's room, it would make her feel guiltier. Whenever she tried to close her eyes, Mr. Malhotra's intense stare with his chocolate brown orbs made it more difficult for her heart to calm down. She was completely whipped by that man, the same man who was her boyfriend's father.

No matter how bad she tried convincing herself that this was nothing more than a silly teenage crush. She knew this was more. She grew up to like this freaking man so much that it hurts not being with him, instead of being under the same roof with him.

They were together yet apart.

Close yet distant.

In love yet in denial.

Even those traitor tears which flew past her cheeks reminded her of him. It was like her own parts won't let her ever forget him. They seem to call out for him.

The eve of Nandini's 17th birthday was nothing but a nightmare for her. After getting to know about her grandfather's demise she felt as if her heart was ripped out of her. She wanted to scream and cry to god for taking away her only source of happiness she ever received as family but she couldn't. She felt numb and shattered.

For making the day even worse, Dhruv tried to initiate a kiss which resulted in her pushing him away brutally. Dhruv didn't take the bruise to his ego well and left her all alone in an abandoned street. She didn't even plead she wanted to be alone.

But as soon as the dawn sat in, she started being aware of her surroundings around the petty bus stop she sat. It was raining heavily now, the water droplets falling on her swollen face was a reminder to her current condition. She hissed as she got up, her legs felt numb and shaky. As she turned to leave few wolf whistles made its way to her ears. Nandini was scared now. She knew absolutely nothing about the place she was in right now. Neither did she have anyone to call, her parents were out of town as usual and Mukti was sick.

She glanced behind her to see two drunk boys following her, they were in a rugged motorbike. She turned around and started to walk as fast as she can, trying to act as if she didn't even notice them. She quickly dialed Dhruv's number, she can think about their fight later. Now the matter was of her safety. The cell kept ringing but there was no answer, she tried again but still there was no answer. She grew terrified when she heard those boys blowing their bike's horn continuously just behind her. She tried once again, as soon as she thought all her hopes had died. The call was suddenly received and a manly deep voice boomed towards the receivers end, "Yes?"