6 | 𝙇𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙣

Rapid knocks at Nandini's bedroom window woke her up from her dreamless slumber

Rapid knocks at Nandini's bedroom window woke her up from her dreamless slumber. It was rare for Nandini to not have a dream, to be exact Nandini had a superpower to dream about the things that particularly fancied her. Whether it was a blessing or a boom that the destiny would decide. It is often said that too much likeness and addiction can lead to ill- conclusion.

She wore her cotton fluffy slippers and looked outside the window, only to witness two tiny birds still knocking on the window with the help of their peak. Nandini chuckled when she found out that those tiny creatures where probably threatened from their own reflection and trying to shoo it away. Adorable she shook her head. She carefully opened the window and took one of them in her hands softly, the other one flew away, probably to find food. Nandini frowned she can give them food too.

However her sadness flew away as it came, when she saw the other bird come back towards her along with few of its mates. More people to feed, and she loved feeding the needy, so she ran away to collect the sunflower seeds from her kitchen.

When Nandini came out of her shower, she noticed the buzz of her phone. Since she had a bizarre habit of leaving it on silent every time, a habit her parents and friends hated of hers. Well she couldn't help it, notifications from her phone gave her nothing apart from headache. For the time she decided to ignore the buzz of her phone and focused on her skin-care. Nandini wasn't a looks obsessed girl, her skin-care consisted of minimum but important things. Having an oily skin didn't her that much, acne felt like a guest to her skin every now and then.

The buzz of her phone repeatedly again caught her attention. She grew concerned when she saw Mukti's contact flashing, is she alright? She recently recovered from fever. Even though she appeared perfectly fine when she repeatedly teased Nandini the other day when she went to collect her consolation prize of participation from Mr. Malhotra. She frowned at the memory of him, he was not at all subtle at glancing her way, it was noticed many students around her who gave her confused looks, not to mention miss ruby, purposely scolded her without any of her fault, just because she figured out the direction of Mr. Malhotra's gaze was on her.

She huffed, at least he could have made it a less obvious. She didn't want to lose her perfect student image in front of the teaching staff. Even though miss ruby was entirely unfair but she was a teacher after all. Nandini had to obey her without any questions.

"Mukti? What happened, are you ill again?" Nandini started panicking as she picked up her call, but was relieved to hear her cheerful voice back, "Nandu, shut up for now and tell me have you packed your bags?" Mukti questioned excitedly, "bag for what?" Nandini's brow creased as she wondered about all the possibilities her brain coming up with none.

"What do you mean 'for what'? Of course for our road-trip dumbass. Did you forget already we all were going on a road-trip this weekend? Just after our tiring annual sports day." Mukti nagged, irritated with Nandini's loss of mind for such an exciting occasion according to her.