Marinette and Adrien had been working on the costumes the entire week the best they could between everything going on. It turned out that making up the stories was the best part, coming up with names, superpowers, and the overall look, and Adrien had been surprised Marinette had gone with his sorta stupid idea for doing animals.

But all too soon, Marinette stood outside Alya's, busy waiting for Adrien, and busied herself by scratching at her gloved hands.

"M'lady, your loyal knight has arrived."

Marinette turned and laughed.

It had been Adrien's idea for the two teens to become superhero versions of... a ladybug and a black cat. Adrien had jumped at the chance to be a black cat. He was in a black leather suit that went from neck to foot, with a small golden bell on the neck. He'd used a belt to make a cat's tail, and also had a silver baton in his hand (the baton was his "super weapon," and funnily enough, he'd glued claws into the ends of where the fingers would go). He'd ruffled out his hair while strategically hiding his ears at the same time, since he had two folds of fabric on his head resembling cat ears. The black mask covering half his face even had a thin green film on the eyeholes, giving the appearance that he had full green eyes.

"Yup, you definitely were the more creative one," Marinette giggled. She was in a simple red suit, with black polka dots everywhere, with a mask of the same pattern. The most flair she'd probably done was the red ribbons in her pigtails. And the patterned yo-yo hanging around her hips (also Adrien's idea).

"Well, it looks like the ultimate team has arrived," Adrien said. "Ladybug and Cat Noir. Who could ever beat us?"

"I don't know, considering we've yet to go inside," Marinette chuckled. "We've got this. Just don't mention royalty."

"That should be easy," Adrien shrugged. "It's not like you'd go up to people and say, 'Hey, I'm actually a princess!'"

"You're a what?"

Marinette and Adrien froze, slowly turning to see Alix staring at them in surprise, dressed as... a bunny.

"Don't ask," Alix said. "I lost a bet to Alya. Anyways, so what's this about Marinette being a princess?"

Marinette gulped.

"You literally can't tell anyone," Marinette whispered as the three of them finally went inside.

"My lips are sealed," Alix agreed.

"There you are, girl!" Alya rushed up to them and squeezed Marinette into a hug. "And oh my gosh, you look so cute!"

"So do you!" Marinette replied. Alya had turned herself into a fox.

"Thanks," Alya said. "Do you think it looks weird?"

"Honestly, the weird thing is Nino," Alix said, staring at Nino, who was covered in bright neon colors and carried around a giant bubble wand. "I told him Bubble Man would be a bad idea."

"Bubble Man?" Adrien laughed. "This I gotta hear."

"So," Alix said. "You're leaving at the end of the year?"

Marinette nodded.

"And you're planning on telling everyone then?" Alix asked.

Marinette nodded again.

"I guess the hard part is figuring out what to say," she sighed. "It's not easy to break the news about... that."

"Yeah," Alix agreed. "But the good news is, you and Adrien have some time to figure out how to confess. You've got several months. So don't stress about it too much."