You Need To Calm Down (Taylor Swift)

WoWzERz The past two days have been... jdwjdlqwjdq.. so anyways sorry for the delay, but wait no longer.. hERE IS THE NEXT CHAPTER U W U

Sophie had never really been so scared she had a hard time breathing. She never thought she could feel like she was drowning nowhere near water. She never thought she'd feel so scared she'd become immobilized.

And yet here she was, slowly sliding to the floor, setting her head in between her knees just trying to breath. She barely felt the hand on her shoulder. Barely heard the whispers of optimism. Barely felt the shaking.

She was slowly f

                                      a            d

                                                           i      n

                                                                         g

                                                                                    a     w

                                                                                                        a

                                                                                                                     y  .. .

The warmth was subtle at first. And then the more she concentrated on it, the more her thoughts slowly started fitting back together.

"You'll be okay, Sophie. You'll be okay."

They were almost back together anyhow... Fitz wasn't here, right? She started to realize the warmth around her was someone holding her. She brought her head out from between her knees and looked up at the boy holding her.

"You- you do remember."

Keefe quickly cleared his throat and moved away from Sophie, taking his warmth with him.

"I- I don't know what you're talking about."

"No, I heard you. You said my name. Keefe, you said my name."

He scratched the back of his neck, "Look, you were pretty out of it... you probably misheard. Anyways, how about we come up with a plan on how to get out of here together, okay? Freaking out should be our last resort... not that you freaking out is bad or anything but- you know what? I'm going to shut up now."

Sophie wiped off the couple of tears that seemed to find their way down her face. "Good idea." After taking a couple of deep breaths, she found her phone and decided to text someone and tell them what happened. Why didn't she think of that earlier? This could have ended way sooner, and could have been way less... whatever just happened.

She opened her phone and saw two things:

Her phone was at 1 percent.

She had 43 messages from Biana, 12 messages from Fitz, and 3 messages from-

Correction. Her phone was now dead. She swore under her breath, earning a eyebrow raise from Keefe. She paced back and forth down the aisle between the desks, thinking. How would she get out? Surely Fitz and Biana would notice she never made it to their house and come to rescue her... right?

"Your pacing is giving me anxiety."

Sophie curled her fists and turned on Keefe in one quick movement.

"I DON'T CARE, OKAY? I'M STUCK IN THIS ROOM WITH THE ONE PERSON I DON'T EVEN WANT TO TALK TO AND YOU'RE MAKING THIS SO MUCH WORSE BY- BY- BY ACTING LIKE SOME IDIOT WHO DOESN'T REMEMBER ANY PART OF HIS LIFE BEFORE FREAKING MIDDLE SCHOOL, WHICH YEAH IS KINDA FAR AWAY, BUT NOT THAT FAR AWAY. AND NOW MY PHONE'S DEAD SO I CAN'T EVEN TELL ANYONE I'M IN HERE AND NOW I JUST SPILLED ALL OF THIS TO YOU SO YOU'RE PROBABLY GOING TO TEASE ME AND LAUGH AT ME THE WHOLE REST OF THE TIME WE'RE STUCK HERE AND I'M STARVING. I JUST WANTED A BAG OF CHIPS."

She didn't dare look at his face. She never yelled. E v e r. And yet here she was, yelling at the top of her lungs to her ex-best friend who doesn't even remember her name. She wrapped her arms around herself and sat down in one of the desks. Tears slowly started to spill down her cheeks and around her jaw dripping onto the desk.

A few moments of complete silence went on until Sophie heard the crinkle of a bag. She glanced up right as Keefe sat in the desk next to her and sat a half eaten bag of Doritos on her desk. She looked down at the chips and back up at Keefe.

"Go ahead, I know you get hangry. You wouldn't yell at me if you had food."

Sophie felt like sobbing as she hungrily ate the rest of the chips. She wiped the cheese off her fingers on her jeans and mumbled a quiet thanks to Keefe.

"Feel less like you want to rip my head off now?" He smiled kindly at her, which made her face heat up.

"So... I'm guessing you don't have your phone on you?"

"Nah, I left it in my backpack right outside the door. Which means it's mostly likely in the lost and found now."

Sophie nodded, but wasn't really listening. She was too busy thinking about what surprise she just ruined between Fitz and her. What if he was going to ask her to prom? Or take her somewhere special? Or tell her he-

"Uhm? Hello? You good?..."

"What? Yes, I'm fine."

"Hmmm. How about we play a game to keep your mind off... whatever it's on, okay?"

Sophie raised an eyebrow. "I guess... What type of game?"

Keefe smirked and pushed his hair out of his eyes. Sophie's heart fluttered as it bounced right back to his forehead.

"How about Twenty Questions? I'll ask a question, and you answer it. You ask me a question, and I'll answer it. We'll go back and forth twenty times."

"That's definitely not how you play twenty questions."

He brushed it off, "Details, details. Now, I'll go first. What's your favorite animal?"

Sophie stalled a few seconds before murmuring, "Lemurs... I have a pet one named Iggy. I love him.. Although he really stinks." She smiled at the memory.

"See! We've already got a smile. Iggy sounds awesome."

"He is. Okay, my turn. Do you remember me from Elementary school?"

Sophie right to the point as always uwu. Also... I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH SCHOOL WHOOOOOOP!! Senior year here I come uwu ~ Are y'all finished with school yet?? 

Have a good day, Luvz!! <3 <3