6-Family Thompson

"Reid?"
"What? Yeah?", he looks around confused, like he just woke up from a dream.
Morgan looks worried at his friend. "Do you have anything to add?"
"Oh Uhm, he probably knew we were coming. So he might have a connection to one of the officers.", he mumbles, his thoughts far away. The only thing on his mind is Quinn. He can still feel her sweet lips on him and her hands traveling down his back. She is like an addiction and all he wants is to feel her. Something between excitement and fear made his heart race. Spencer shakes his head, remembering that he is still in the middle of a case.
"Garcia, check the officers that work here and know about our investigation. See if they had any contact with Jonathan Davis," Morgan continues. It was weird to him, to have to talk about an unsub that had the same name like one of his friends. Quinn was a part of the team for two years now and he hated having to treat her as a whiteness and not his partner.
"Ok. That might take a while. Anything else?" Comes from the laptop and Morgan looks back at the blonde analyst, who now hangs up.
"What if he is killing again?" Reid thinks out loud.
"That is a possibility. It's been almost 2 days since he last killed," Hotch agrees.
The telephone rings and Garcias face returns to the screen. "Are you guys alone?" She whispers conspiratorially. "Yes, we are," Rossi replies.
"Ok so there have been calls between Sheriff Carter and ... Davis -still feels weird, sorry- a few months ago. They were pretty regular, a day or so after every murder. Then they stopped and two days later Family Douglas was found dead."
"That can't be a coincidence." Prentiss comments.
"Morgan, I want you to interrogate Carter, see what he says about the calls."
Then Hotch turns back to Garcia. "Do you have a list of houses around town that we're built by Wailes constructions?"
"Give me just a second... got it."
"And now narrow it down to houses owners by foursome families," Reid says.
"That makes about 300 possible families."
Reid steps closer to the map, where the location of the victim's houses is noted.
"None of these are close to each other." He thinks out loud. "The house we are looking for is probably in the Southend of the city."
"That makes about 13 houses."
"That is still not enough," Morgan remarks. "Did Jonathan specifically work at any of these houses?"
The team listens to Garcia's fast typing before they hear her again. "Yes, one. Family Thompson. I am sending you the address."
"Thank you, Garcia," Hotch turns away from the screen, "We have to move quickly. He might already be inside,"
"Should I still talk to Carter?" Morgan asks.
"Yes. That way we know if he is passing information to Jonathan." Hotch responds before following the rest of the team outside.

When they get to the house all the lights are already off, hiding what could be going on inside.
"Prentiss, Reid position at the back of the house in case he runs." Hotch orders before banging at the front door. No answer.
"Mr, Mrs Thompson?" He turns to Rossi. "We have to get inside, I hear someone."
He forces the door open and sneaks inside, Rossi behind him. Prentiss enters through the back door, followed by Reid. The agents search through the house until they get to the bedrooms.
"I found the parents." They suddenly hear from Rossi.
"We are too late," Hotch realizes, looking at the dead bodies of the children.
"Something went wrong," Rossi says. "This is so much more violent. It looks like the father woke up and tried to defend himself after he kills the Mother. He didn't only shoot him once, he shot him 4 times as far as I can see. This is either personal or he is angry."
"Same with the kids. It looks like the son woke up. He shot him and placed him back in his bed. But it was too late. The daughter already woke up and so he killed her." Hotch steps closer to the dead body of the daughter."He still got her heart, but this time the wound looks sloppy like he was stressed. Jonathan was here right before us. Check the whole house, he might still be here!"
"Hey guys, I might have something here," Reid yells from the dining room.
"What is it?" Hotch asks, following Reid's voice.
"A letter," he explains while putting on gloves. He carefully opens the paper.
"It is just an address. 4345 Ferryhill Avenue."
"That might be the address of his next victim. He is playing a game with us." Hotch says while dealing Garcia's number.
"I have heard of this address before I just..." Reid trails of lost in his thoughts. "Oh no." He feels his heart dropping and panic flooding his body.
"What is it?"
"It's the address of the Hotel," his voice breaks, "Quinn is there," was all he could get out.
Spencer hears Hotch yelling for Emily and Rossi. His feet seem to move on their own, leading him to the car.
Inside, he deals Quinn's number, with shaking fingers, while Hotch starts driving. He feels his world stopping, waiting for her to answer.
"Hello this is Dr. Davis, please leave a message."
He deals her number again. "Hello this is Dr. Davis, please leave a message."
After the fifth time, he notices that Hotch is yelling at him. "Reid!"
"What?" His voice sounds harsh and panicked, but he doesn't have time to be calm.
"Call Morgan, he is closer to the hotel than we are."
Why didn't he think of that?
After a few seconds, he hears his colleague on the other side of the line. "He didn't talk, yet. I don't think-"
Spencer interrupts him, "Morgan, go to the hotel. Now!"
"What about Carter?"
"He doesn't matter. Just go! Jonathan is on his way there!", he feels his chest tighten, and tears fill his eyes.
"Why would he- oh. I am on my way!" He hears Morgan yelling for JJ and in the next moment he hangs up.
It is awfully quiet, and Spencer feels like he is about to explode.
"Reid, she is going to be fine."
"Hotch. This doesn't help me right now. I can't- I just can't lose her."
They pull up in front of the hotel and before Hotch even has time to stop the car, Reid opens the door and runs out. Somehow he gets out his gun. In the hallway to their rooms, he can see that her door is open. The closer he gets to her room, the more he fears what he is about to see.
As he enters, the first thing he sees is Morgan.
"Reid, no." Morgan stops him before he can see the whole room.
"Morgan, get out of my way!" he yells while trying to get past him.
"She is not here!"
He stops, staring into Morgan's sad eyes. Suddenly it is too quiet. Morgan lets go of him, allowing him to see it. The room is messy like a fight was going on.
Spencer can feel tears running down his face and wipes them away like an insect. He has no time for weakness.
"I am going to kill him," he mumbles to himself and turns to leave.
"Reid? What are you doing?"
"I am going to find him and then I am going to kill him," he whispers.
"Ok now calm down," Morgan says and Reid feels himself getting angry.
"I don't have time to calm down, I have to find her."