9-The monday killer

TW: Violence (just the beginning)

Ella Ryan is not in danger, or at least, that is what she tells herself. After her friend Marry was found dead in an ally a month ago, she was not the same. Every night before going to bed she checks every window and every door in her apartment, someone could enter through. Her apartment was on the first floor, so everyone could just come trough a window.
Even though she tells herself a bit paranoia is ok, it had turned more into an obsession. She couldn't go to bed without knowing she was save.
Ella is locking the window to the parking lot, when suddenly her phone rings. She jumps in surprise.
"Luis you scared me." She laughs.
"Oh really?" The amused voice of her boyfriend asks. She can almost see his grin. They had been together for three months and Ella could already see herself marrying him. She loved planning her future, knowing what comes next. But they hadn't talked about the future yet. First they wanted to finish college. Her dream was to work as a biologist somewhere and live close to the water. Her family house was near a lake and she loved it.
"Would it also scare you, if I would randomly show up in front of your apartment?"
"If you tell me, then no."
"What do you think? Chinese food and Ryan Reynolds?"
"You know I love it, when you say things like that."
He laughs. "I'll be there in 20 minutes."
"Love you!"
"Love you too!"
She chuckles and throws her phone on the couch next to her.
10 minutes later she hears something on the door.
"I hope you are ready, Luis.", she says laughing, while opening the door.
"Wait, what are you doing here?"
The person in front of her smiles evil. "You know locking your windows doesn't help if you just let everyone in your apartment."
Ella suddenly feels cold. "What? What do you mean? Why are you here?"
Without answering the person lets themselves in, pushing Ella back inside.
"Stop, what are you doing?"
Before she could push them back outside they take out a shiny object. A single scream leaves her mouth, before the murderous weapon rushes towards her.

The elevator door opens with a creaking sound. It is weird to see the familiar entrance hall of the BAU after such a long time. It feels like coming home and Quinn could feel her heart beating faster in excitement. She has finally excited to move on. This morning she knew what she needed was to work again and get her head around something else.
"Hey kid! You are back!" She hears Morgan before even stepping inside of the room.
In the next second JJ is standing in front of her. "Quinn, you are back! I am so glad to see you."
She pulls her into a hug and Quinn smiles softly. Emily and Morgan are right behind her.
"Kid! It's been a while," he says, "good to have you back."
"Don't you have another week, before you come back?", Emily asks worried.
"I got bored." Quinn explaines making her colleagues smile.
In that moment Reid steps closer. "Hello... uhm... Dr. Davis," he says awkwardly.
"Hello back... Dr. Reid." She replies confused about the sudden formality.
"Davis?"She looks up to see Hotch standing in front of his office, "Can I speak with you?"
"Sure.", she says making her way up to him.
"Now what was that?", Morgan turns to Reid after Quinn is gone.
"What?"
"That whole "Hello Dr. Davis and Hello Dr.Reid" thing. I thought we were over that."
"I don't know what you mean.", Reid says confused.
JJ laughs and sings: "Spence and Quinn, sittin' in a tree."
"No way!", Morgan's eyes widen. Emily smiles knowingly.
"Wait, what does that mean?" Reid asks confused.
"You and Davis?"
"What Davis and I, there is no Davis and I.", he stutters in panic.
"Reid. Wow, I didn't see that coming."
"You didn't?" Emily asks,"I thought it was obvious." She laughs at Morgan's confusion and Reid's panic.

"You know you have 3 more weeks, before you should be returning."
Hotch says, after Quinn closes his office door. "Nice to see you too, sir."
"Of course I am happy to see you, but I cannot allow back into the field before you are completely healed."
"That is why I got a certificate from my doctor.", she says handing him the papers.
"According to him, I am fine to travel, and can return to the field."
"What about the psychological assessment?"
"The what?" Quinn asks surprised, "why would I need that? I'm fine."
"Usually people are not fine after an experience like this. You might be in denial."
"I would say acceptance. The relationship between my father and I was always complicated. He has been dead to me for the past 8 years. There is no grief, not for him."
"I think you should see a psychologist. Even if you didn't like your father, loosing a family member is always hard. In addition to that you went through a traumatic experience. I just don't want it to get worse."
"I can see a psychologist while working the case, I don't have to be home for that. Please, I just really need to get out of my apartment, that is the only way I can prevent myself from getting worse."
It is quiet for a moment and Quinn is almost certain he is about to say no.
"If you promise to keep it low and step back when it gets too much." He pauses, "Then I can let you come with us."
"Thank you! Yes, I promise," Quinn says happily.
"Welcome back." He smiles.
"Hotch?" They turn to see JJ in the door with a file in her hand. "We got a new case."
He nods. "I'll be there in a second." He turns to Quinn, "Good timing."
She smiles.

"There have been 4 homicides in the last month all over Monroe, Louisiana.", JJ says, while showing pictures on the screen, "The first victim, Vivian Meyers, 25, was found by her boyfriend in her apartment. She was stabbed 40 times and... well, see for yourself." She points at the screen, that now shows a closer picture of the body and whatever was left of her face.
"Oh my god, JJ I needed a trigger warning for this.", Garcia whimpers.
"He stabbed right into her eyes and all over her face multiple times.", JJ continues.
"Overkill.", Morgan says, "Such aggression suggest that Vivian knew the unsub."
"And it doesn't end there." JJ adds,"The second victim, Cloe Johnes, also 25, was killed a week later. Same MO." The next few pictures show a similar scene. "Cloe was found inside of her car."
"Then she must have known the unsub, if she let him in the car." Quinn comments.
"Right. A week later Annie Simon, 26, single parent, was found in her house, by her daughter. Just like the others she was stabbed 40 times, concentrated on the face."
"Is there any sign of sexual assault?", Reid asks.
JJ shakes her head. "According to the forensic report not."
"Our unsub might be female." Quinn says,"That would make sense, considering how many times the victims where stabbed in the face. It looks more like an act of violence than the simple pleasure of killing."
"And it would explain why there is no sexual factor in the killings." Reid adds.
"Our latest victim is Ella Ryan, 25. Yesterday her boyfriend found her in her apartment. It was only a few minutes after the murder. At first he was the main suspect but a security camera at a lokal Chinese restaurant showed him there at the time of the murder."
"So he was meeting her there and just missed the unsub. He might have walked past him on his way to her apartment," Morgan thinks out loud.
"So we have 4 victims all killed on a Monday, all with a similar financial status and they all go to college. Garcia will you find out more about the victims, maybe they know each other." Hotch says and turns to his team. "We have 5 days before he kills again. Wheels up in 20."