Ch. 17

:: Time skip :: 

It was the first week of August and yet the children were already dreading the fact that they were going to be going to seventh grade. It was surprising even themselves that they'd grown up so quickly but, at the same time, they were excited to be heading to a new grade with maturity and intelligence, despite the only daughter being the least mature in the family. On the other hand, Issac and Noah were living life like they usually did. August was no different than July was for them since they weren't in school anymore so they didn't need to worry about preparing to go to a new grade. However, Noah was beginning to come home later and leave earlier because the video store he worked at (No, he did not quit working there) lost more than half of it's staff so Issac was needed a ton more than he was before. Because of that, Issac was in the house a lot more than the family (and the nanny) was used to. The thing was, after a week of being stuck with that schedule, they were used to it. In addition to that, Issac decided to go back to his family after four days of that week since he couldn't sleep anymore, considering how he was scared to think about how they were doing without him. Luckily, his family was doing normal so he was anxious for absolutely no reason. 

*^*^*^*

"Ten forty-seven... it's almost eleven," Issac muttered to himself. He'd been at the Millers' residence since eight in the morning, mainly because he wanted to see Noah before he left, and he was still there at ten at night. Noah wasn't home yet and the nanny was waiting for him just in case. Though, at the same time, he felt that he was worrying over nothing. After all, the video shop that Noah works at is popular so it's normal for him to be there for a long shift. To add to that, the shop was far from where Noah lived and he never brought his car so it was a long walk. However, that didn't stop the nanny from worrying about him. Usually, the man would come home at ten twenty minimum but never this late, hence why Issac was worrying. 

He looked out the window, the midnight blue sky looking back at him and the stars shining like polished jewels. Night was the nanny's favourite part of the "day". For him, he enjoyed staring at the beauty of the night sky. He hated daytime, though. The only part of the day he enjoyed was sunset and sunrise, nothing else. However, whenever the moon rose, he always smiled at it. When he was younger, he'd bring his siblings out into the backyard so they could stargaze together. Both he and his siblings loved doing it after dinner so they began doing it every day, especially during winter. Now, though... he didn't exactly have anybody to stargaze with since his siblings had grown out of it. 

A smile made its way onto the nanny's face but it dropped as soon as he heard the front door swing open. He turned toward it, surprised to see Noah look so tired. Issac knew that the man had eye bags but they'd never been so prominent before. In fact, the nanny never noticed them until he hugged him at the hospital. Noah closed the door behind him before tiredly walking toward Issac, leaning his head on the latter's chest. "You okay?" Issac asked, snaking his arms around Noah's waist to which the latter just nuzzled his head against the nanny's shirt. 

Noah shook his head and sighed. "Sleep with me," he said, though it sounded more like a command rather than an option. The nanny nodded, despite Noah not being able to see it, and dragged the latter to his bedroom upstairs. It was common for them to sleep together since Noah grew comfortable with it which ended up in him asking Issac if they could sleep together ever time he had a bad day, to which the latter willingly agreed to it. 

The man sat down on his bed, raising his eyebrow when Issac just stood there. "Do you want me to get clothes for you?" the nanny asked, to which Noah nodded gratefully. With that, the nanny went through his closet before tossing him a random grey t-shirt and sweatpants. Noah caught the two items of clothing before ripping off his work shirt.