Chapter 8

Some time after running, we reached a large traditional Japanese house that seemed well kept. It was just a bit different than mine.

Ame called out, "We're here, mom!"

A few seconds later, an older woman came out of the house. She had short black hair that with a few streaks of grey and the same brown eyes as Ame's. 'This must be his mother, Hana.' I thought.

She smiled when she saw me and Ame. "Are you Ame's new friend? I'm his mother, Hana. Come on in."

Me and Ame both shifted into human form and entered the house. I looked around, taking in the place Ame had lived when he was a child.

I spotted a card with a man's photo in a furniture. It was a car license. The man also looked a lot like Ame.

I shook my head and followed Hana into the house. All of us took a seat by a table.

Hana turned to me with a smile. "I heard from Ame that you and your family moved here recently. He also told me that you're werewolves." She said as she put a drink before me.

I smiled back at the gentle lady, "I'm (Y/n). And yes, my brother, father and I are werewolves. My mother is human."

I noticed she looked towards the furniture with the man's car license. "Can you tell me more about your family? I don't think my husband knew that there were more Japanese werewolves."

That prompted me to start to explain my family's situation. I noticed that Ame was looking at me with gentle eyes and Hana also seemed to notice. She gave her son an amused smile but continued to listen to me.

It wasn't that long before I finished and took a sip of the drink Hana gave me.

She looked to be in thought before smiling gently at me. "Well, my daughter will arrive soon. I think you want to meet her, right?"

I nodded and gave a smile back to her. She was really kind, I liked her already.

We chatted for a bit, with Ame also coming forward to talk. I heard someone call out, "Mom, I'm home!"

Hana looked back and replied, "Welcome back."

A few seconds later, a young woman who looked to be a bit older than me came in. She had the same brown eyes and black hair as her mother. By her side was a young man. "Ah, you must be (Y/n), Ame's new friend! I'm Yuki, nice to meet you. This is my boyfriend, Sohei." The young woman said.

Sohei came forward and greeted me. "Hey, as Yuki said, I'm Sohei."

I stood up to greet her, "Hello. Yes, I'm (Y/n)."

Yuki turned to give her brother a teasing smile before giving the same smile to me. "I heard you were the one who suggested he come meet us. I'm quite grateful for that. Thank you." She said before giving me a short half bow.

I smiled at her and said, "You're welcome. I was just helping my friend."

Sohei silently looked at me and Ame before teasingly grinning at us. "I see what's going on..." He whispered. Ame, Yuki and I heard that and looked at him. Ame and I were confused, while Yuki seemed to understand what he said.

We all sat down and started chatting about many things, including how I met Ame, what we did when exploring the mountain and what he taught me.

Eventually, Hana looked outside and said, "Oh, it's lunch time already. Do you want to stay for lunch?"

I nodded and stood up. "Sure, can I help?"

Hana also gave me a nod and led me into the kitchen. Then we started making lunch.