Chapter 11

A week later, Ame and I decided to take a stroll through the mountain, just the two of us.

For some reason, we started playing a game of playful fighting. We were pulling back and being careful of our sharp teeth and claws, because it was just a game, we were not aiming to hurt one another.

I lunged at him and pinned him down, mouthing his neck gently. He chuckled and in the next moment, he was lying on the ground on his human form.

I was stunned for a few moments. He laughed and hugged my neck tightly yet gently. "Got you."

I shook my head and as he took his arms from my neck, I got off of him.

I flash of light in the corner of my eye had me alarmed. I didn't have time to react when pain erupted from my shoulder.

I yelped in pain and fell down. I looked towards the tree line and saw a man holding a gun.

The man chuckled and walked to me. He put a foot on my injured shoulder and smirked. "A wolf, huh? You're going to be my new trophy and pet." He said.

I heard a growl from the side. Ame shifted into his wolf form and lunged at the man with his teeth in full display as a furious snarl ripped through his throat.

I closed my eyes and heard the man screaming in pain. A few seconds later, I heard a snap and the man's screams were no more.

I whined in pain as blood kept flowing out of the wound made by the bullet. I heard Ame whisper in horror as he shifted back into his human form. "(Y/n)? (Y/n), come on, stay with me. Can you shift into your human form?"

I panted yet did as he asked of me and shifted into human form. He placed one of his arms in the crook of my legs and the other on my upper back as he carried me bridal style.

He started running towards his mother's house. With my head against his chest, I could hear his heart racing. My consciousness blurred as I fought to keep awake

A few minutes that seemed like hours later, I felt us entering Hana's house. "Mom! (Y/n) is injured!" I heard Ame shout in fear.

I was set down on a bed while Ame was ushered out of the room by Hana.

I fell unconscious moments later as Hana treated my wound.

* * * *

I opened my eyes. The pain was less from before. I heard Hana speak, "The bullet entered and left and didn't stay to do more damage. You were lucky you got here in time. She won't be able to move her left arm for a few weeks; I know she'll heal quickly since you're werewolves."

I moved my head and called out softly. "A-ame..."

Not even a minute later, the door slid open and Ame was by my side. "(Y/n), thank god. How do you feel?" He asked in worry.

I tried to sit up and failed. "I feel awful. Are we in Hana's house?"

He used his hand to prevent me from sitting up. "Yes. You can stay here until you recover. I'll tell your family what happened."

I stayed quiet for a few moments before opening my mouth, "What happened to the hunter?"

His eyes narrowed in anger, "Dead. He was illegally hunting in the area." He explained. I sighed and nodded.

He ruffled my hair gently before getting up and leaving the room. "Mom, sis, please take care of her while I'm gone." He said. I heard Hana's and Yuki's voice answer to him.

I stared at the ceiling for a few minutes. I moved my gaze to Yuki who entered the room with a bowl of what smelled like medicine. "Here, it's medicine. You need to drink it." She said softly.

She helped me sit up. I made a face as I drunk the medicine but made no remarks. When I was done drinking, she gave me a smile and left.

I started feeling drowsy not long after and then I slowly fell asleep.