Lisa Red

I picked Nico.

He's the cool 'I don't care' broody type, and he's kind of nice when you get to know him! He's kind of hard to get close to...but I can work with that! I'm great at getting close to people!

Plus, I'm sure he's single. He doesn't strike as the kind of guy who has someone that makes him smile, and hugs, and kisses. 

I don't know how crushes are supposed to feel, but I think I'm supposed to start liking boys. So I decided to like Nico. To fit in, you know.

"Nico!" I waved wildly as I sprinted up to him, sitting in the shadow of an oak tree outside the school. "Hey!"

"Lisa," he sounded bored, but still looked up and then scooted over. I told you, I'm good at making friends. "What's up?"

I sit down beside him. "Did you finish the chem project?"

Nico rubbed his face. "I can't keep giving you my work."

"I would never steal your work!" I raise my hands in a show of fake innocence and grin.

Nico looks behind me and jumps to his feet, eyes wide. Like a surprised kitten. "Will?"

I turned around to see a pale, blond guy chatting with a black girl. Nico squints at him and then shook his head, sitting back down. "Sorry." His face was unnaturally red. "I thought it was someone else. Oh, hey Lori."

I whipped around, feeling my face flush as I scrambled to scoot over. Lori was standing there with her black hair up in a bun and her bag slung over a shoulder. "L-Lori! Hey!"

She flushed a little too and looked away. "H-hi Lisa. Can I sit?"

"Yeah!" I picked up my bag hastily. "Yeah, of course!"

Lori smiled and sat down, while my stomach did cartwheels. Nico was studying my expression with a knowing look.

"Neeks!"

"Waugh!" Nico jumped a little, bumping into me and turning around with his hands up. A tanned boy with a mop of blonde hair sprinted over to us and crashed into the ground giving Nico a hug.

"Will!" Nico had the surprised kitten look again as the boy pulled back. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I come pick up my boyfriend? Honestly, Nico." Will ruffled Nico's hair. I didn't think someone could do that without dying.

"Boyfriend?" said Lori.

"You can do that?" I asked.

Will looked at us. "Hey, I didn't notice you. Do what?"

I waved vaguely. "Be a boy and date a boy."

Nico looked over Lori and I. "Yeah. Girls can do it too."

I glanced at Lori before catching myself and averting my gaze. "We can? Uh- I mean, girls can?"

Will smiled and nodded, standing and gesturing to Nico. "Come on, Neeks."

Nico stood up. "I have to go. See you Monday."

The two of them left- I couldn't look away. I realized I was alone with Lori.

"U-uh!" I quickly got to my feet. "I should go too!"

I started to sleepwalk away, but Lori grabbed my wrist. I looked back at her as she looked at me hopefully.

"Are you free Sunday?" she asked in a rush.

I swallowed. "Uh- yeah."

LESBIANS. YES. JUST YES. Anyways, vote and comment if you liked! Feel free to offer constructive criticism, and thank you for reading. Only one more chapter to go!