Chloe Hernandez

I stamp my feet. I just walked past my future boyfriend in a way that would make any sane boy swoon. But he didn't even budge! Whatever I did, he ignored me. Ignored the most popular girl in school! But I was going to get him and make him mine. It was Frank Zhang. Anyone who didn't know him would basically think I had a bodyguard because he looked so strong. But he was actually really sweet. He was the ideal boy for me. But I couldn't get him to notice me!

I had the perfect plan. He really liked animals. So I would get my friend to steal a baby bird from a nest, and then when Frank was watching I would "save" it. I really am smart. 

I find a nest with three newborn chicks inside. I point to one. 

"Grab it when you see Frank is watching."  She nods, and I wait. Frank looks at my minion as she scoops up a chick. 

"Hey!" Frank yells. I start to run forward. But then, a huge bird swoops down and attacks my minion. She sets down the chick. 

"I put it down!" She screams to the bird, and runs away.

 "No- you weren't supposed to drop it!" I yell to my minion's retreating back.

 "You were in on this?" Frank asks, incredulous. Shoot. 

"No way! I was about to save that baby eagle, because I can recognize any bird from the moment it hatches. I love birds!" 

Frank raises and eyebrow. "That was a baby hawk." I blush and decide to talk to him after school.                                                                                  

I waited by my super-cool Jeep for him. If he didn't love me, he'd love my car! I spotted Frank waiting by the curb. He didn't have a car? I was hoping there would be a Ferrari he would be dying to give me. I was going to go over to him, but a sweet gold and silver Ferrari pulled up in front of him. I decided to go check out who was driving it. A beautiful girl with dark fluffy hair and chocolatey skin stepped out of the car. She turned vaguely in my direction and I saw that she had golden contacts in her eyes. (H=Hazel, F=Frank)

H: Hey, Frank.

F: Hey, Hazel!

H: We should hurry, the feast of Fortuna is starting soon. Remember?

F: Oh fudge, I forgot. Reyna's going to kill me if I'm late!

H: And you're praetor, so she'll extra kill you for being late.

F: Wow, that makes me feel better. Yeah, let's go.

The girl-Hazel- smiles at Frank and starts to get into the car. 

"Hey Frank. Is this your cousin?" I ask, hurrying over to them.

 He shoots a glance at Hazel and she doubles over laughing. Frank laughs too. I wait for them to finish. 

"You've got it all wrong." said Hazel. "He's my boyfriend." 

Yeah right everything about you is fake, you wear lenses and have your hair dyed! I think. 

"These are my real eyes and my hair isn't dyed you piece of schist!" Hazel growls. 

Did I say that out loud? I turn to Frank. "I'm coming to the party." I declare. 

"Uh, no you're not." Frank says. 

"But why? That's not nice," I pout. 

"It's like a club thing. Members only," cuts in Hazel. 

"What is it, the loser club? Frank won't hang out with you!" I say. Frank seems mad, but he gently pulls Hazel to him. They kiss for what seems like a long time. 

"Yeah, we're going to be late for sure now." says Hazel in a daze. 

She pulls him into the car and they drive off. I stare in disbelief until they're gone.

Thank you for reading! Vote and follow if you enjoyed, and please point out mistakes so I can improve the chapters!