Forgiveness

"I think you look grand, your majesty." Said Annabelle, practically laying on top of him as she did his makeup. "Stay still."

"At least use the silver. To bring out my eyes." Said Regulus, his hand was on her arse. Annabelle pretended she did not notice.

"As you wish." She said, Regulus shut his eyes and Annabelle dragged a golden eye shadow across his lids, adverse to his wishes.

Wicked, she knew. Regulus' hand moved between her arse and the small of her back every few minutes. Annabelle picked up the eyeliner.

"Belle, given your horrendous handwriting- how am I meant to trust you with this?" Asked Regulus, Annabelle scowled at him.

She loved him. Merlin, how she wished he loved her as much.

"I do my own." Said Annabelle.

"Again, I restate-"

"Oh piss off you english twat toaster muffin."

"Toaster muffin?" Said Regulus. "Whatever could that mean?" Annabelle's hand was on his chest, steadying herself over him. She would move it, but Regulus held it. Over the steady beating of his heart.

So she could feel his breath catch each time he looked at her anew. So she could feel his heart speed up when she smiled.

"Just hold still." Said Annabelle. "And shut your eyes. Or I sell 'em on the black market. Take the money, and run away with my truest love. Reginald-"

Regulus rolled his eyes and did as told.

"Yes, my love." He breathed, she felt his hand rise from her back, slowly reaching the back of her neck.

"Thank-" Regulus pulled her lips to his. His hand at the base of her skull guiding her, his kiss slow and steady against her lips.

Annabelle's eyes shut and the eyeliner fell from her hand, her fingers went through his hair. Regulus smiled into the kiss.

"Annabelle I want you to marry me." Said Regulus between kisses. "We can wait. If you want. I just want to be-" Annabelle's hand was at the base of his neck, he moaned quietly in approval. "I just-" Regulus held her hair, right at the back of her head, and pulled her away so he could look her in the eye. "I just want to be clear."

Annabelle's eyes flickered all over his face. He was so beautiful. Handsome. Pretty. Regulus held her jaw to keep her focused on his words. Regulus' eyes darkened when a small gasp left her. He was so fit.

"I love you." He lied. Annabelle knew it was a lie, his dark mark exposed. And time and time again he would fail to choose her.

Annabelle did not care. Even if he was not hers, she was his, for as long as he wanted her. It was sickeningly romantically sincere.

Overwhelming was the word Annabelle would use. She felt at times Regulus should not be allowed near streets or airplaines because if he so much as smiled there would be crashes.

"I love you." She confessed, honesty dripping from her eyes, from her actions, and forgiveness.  "Too much."

"No such thing, my lovely darling Belle," Said Regulus, Annabelle melted into him, her lips on his again.

Annabelle barely registered the door to Regulus' room opening.

Andromeda cleared her throat, Annabelle sprang off of Regulus. She moved away quickly, unable to get far when Regulus' hand refused to release hers as he struggled to sit up.

Annabelle felt her face turn hot. Her insides begun to riot. She glanced at Regulus several times. Eyes drifting to him every few moments.

They had never been caught. Annabelle was unsure of what she felt only that it was white hot, and insecure burning in her lungs as she wondered whether Regulus would instinctively shove her under the bed to hide her away.