10. The Lotus Casino Sucks

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 10

The Lotus Casino Sucks

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Who knew Poker Face by Gaga would make me have the time of my life.

Look, living at Camp my entire life I really didn't get to experience anything crazily fun. That all went out the window because in the first 5 minutes of being at this five-star Vegas hotel I was having more fun than I ever did at Camp.

I bungee-jumped the lobby five or six times, and skated in the skate bowl, literally shooting Ski disks out into the Vegas skyline and blowing them to absolute pieces.

I dominated in laser tag and darts, even making one kid cry because I was literally bullying him off the game.

Percy and I hung out a bit most of the time he was smart enough to be on my team, especially in laser tag and darts and surprisingly we made a good team in Wii Sports Resort and yet again we made a team of 10-year-olds cry when we smoked them in Call of Duty.

Eventually out of the pure kindness of our hearts Percy and I parted ways and the last time I saw him he was headed to the snowboarding ramp. I saw Grover a few times, going from game to game. He really liked the reverse hunter thing—where the deer go out and shoot the rednecks.

Thinking about it I don't think I've ever seen a game quite like it, it was almost like it was made for Grover...

I saw Annabeth playing trivia games and other brainiac stuff. They had this huge 3-D sim game where you build your own city, and you could actually see the holographic buildings rise on the display board. I didn't think much of it, but Annabeth loved it.

Eventually, I found myself at the under 18 bar sipping down on a sprite martini when I looked over at the seat next to me and found myself looking at a little boy no older than ten shuffling a pack of cards and looking over at the soda machine.

"You know you can just ask for a soda right?" I said capturing his attention.