77. Theo and Percy get Bamboozled (Again)

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 77

Theo and Percy get Bamboozled (Again)

Third POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

They emerged in Central Park just north of the Pond. Mrs. O'Leary looked pretty tired as she limped over to a cluster of boulders. She started sniffing around, "It's okay. She just smells the way home." Nico said.

"Through the rocks?" Percy asked.

"The Underworld has two major entrances," Nico said. "You know, the one in L.A."

"Charon's ferry."

Nico nodded. "Most souls go that way, but there's a smaller path, harder to find. The Door of Orpheus."

"The dude with the harp."

"Dude with the lyre," Theo corrected.

"Yeah, him," Nico said, wrinkling his nose like he personally had He used his music to charm the earth and open a new path into the Underworld. He sang his way right into Hades's palace and almost got away with his wife's soul."

Theo recounted the story in his head. Orpheus wasn't supposed to look behind him when he was leading his wife back to the world, but of course, he did. He had to see his wife die in front of him shortly before he was killed by Dionysus's followers.

After all, what is love if not grief persevering?

"So this is the Door of Orpheus," Percy said, examining the rocks. "How does it open?"

"We need music," Nico said. "How's your singing?"

"Um, no. Can't you just, like, tell it to open? You're the son of Hades and all."

"It's not so easy. We need music."

"What if we just start a band up?" Theo said, mimicking an air guitar, "Call ourselves the forgotten sons?"