Uchiha clan

The morning after, her hand reached for the cup of water she always left beside her bed. When air was the only thing she could find her eyes were open. In the second blink she remembered she was no longer home. Last night was unexpected. The cold emotionless man, that was her husband, seemed to have more morals than her father. She would return the favour. Maybe the chance of them forming a team wasn't lost after all.
She quietly opened the door to not disturb him in case he was sleeping. She wasn't familiar with his routine so she would do her best to stay out of his way.
When she entered the kitchen she saw him already dressed finishing his breakfast.
"Good morning."
He stared at her for a while before he nodded.
She didn't know how to behave so she stayed there waiting.
After he finished, he took his things as he would have propably done even if she wasn't there and moved to the front door.
"There is food in the kitchen if you are hungry. Try not to mess my things."
Was the only thing he said before he left.
She remained on her spot hearing the silence of the house.
If she was back at home, she would prepare for training. Hana would probably joined her around noon when she would finished her prep and they would eat something hidden behind the tree that would cast its shadow all year. Neji would be forced to search for them because of their slacking and scolded on their behaviour. The days were boring but her swing of her katana and the laugh of her sister would make up for it.
Maybe she would start with breakfast and then explore the inside of the house to be more familiar with the place that would rest her for the end of her days. She sullen on the thought and quickly discarded it.
She prepared herself a proper food. Hinata always ate much to help her built her strength. Her husband said he preferred skinny girls, so that was an added advantage.
After she cleaned the kitchen she moved to the other rooms. She realised that the place was spacious on the light of day but it seemed empty. Like noone was living here before. He was the son of the head and the future clan leader so he would be busy all day with clan matters to take care of his house. Neji was always preoccupied. She had to stop thinking of him. He was her only ally inside the Hyuga and he had betrayed her the most.
She moved in the large bedroom to pick an outfit. Her clothes were beside his as this used to be his bedroom. She should talked to him about it. It would be better if she moved to the spare room.
The door knocked as she finished her dressing.
She walked to it and opened without asking, thinking it was someone who came to visit her husband.
It was her mother in law with two girls on her side.
"Good morning Hinata-san. Can I come in?"
Hinata bowed and moved to the side, thinking how unnecessary was the question. It was her son's house, she was just a stranger that someone named her his wife.
The girls moved quickly from her side and lost inside the house.
Hinata turned her head following them with her gaze.
"They are here to clean. Don't worry. I though you were used to it and I wanted to make you feel comfortable."
"Thank you. You didn't have to."
Hinata was used to servants walking around the house. But she cleaned her own room and prepared her own meals as she had learnt in the days of her training. She sneaked inside the kitchen and stayed in the corner, watching them chatting about their lives. They were used to her presence but didn't dare talk to her after the day one addressed her casual in front of her father.
They sat on the table and Hinata offered to bring something for the woman to drink.
"I'm fine Hinata-san. Just come. Let's chat for a while."
Hinata didn't know about what to speak. The woman was nice but nevertheless a stranger. Her face was a copy of her son's but she smiled frequently and it was easy to miss the resemblance.
"How are you? Is there anything you need?"
My sword, my freedom, my peace.
"I'm fine. Thank you for your consern."
"Has Sasuke treat you nicely?"
If anyone asks you know what to answer.
"Yes very much. Thank you."
"I understand your mother left this world when you were on a tender age. If there is anything you want to talk about you can always come to me."
Would her mother agreed to this if she was alive. Would she prepare her for this life.
Mikoto looked at her not talking before she added.
"My son is a little difficult. Not easy to talk to. But he is a nice boy. Life wasn't easy on him."
Hinata nodded not knowing what else to do. It felt wrong to hear more personal details about him even though the woman had good intentions.
"Were is he?" The woman suddenly asked.
Hinata panicked. She didn't know where he went and frankly she was glad he left.
"He left in the morning."
"I can't believe it. Did he leave you alone on your first day here?"
"It's fine Mikoto-san. I believe is best for us to adjust in our routine quickly."
Mikoto shot a side glance at her.
"Don't be too easy on him." She sighed. "Okay. I will show you around."