Care

The next day upon waking he felt his head heavy. His body was cold and he blamed the sweat that had stuck his shirt on his chest. He got up putting more effort on his feet to stand than he should. He crawled to the bathroom and let the water run hot on his head despite the summer weather. When he exited, something felt out of place. The sunlight had reached at every corner of the hall. He usually left when the world was still sleeping. He moved to the open space of the living room and saw in horror through the large window that the sun was in the middle of the sky. He had overslept. He quickly walked to the kitchen to put some food in his mouth to throw the dizziness he felt, away. She came to sight before he could reach it.
"No, don't get up." She said with a worry he didn't understand.
"I'm already late." He said as he bypassed her.
"You don't think you are going to work, do you?"
He turned confused about her words and the tone she was using.
"You are not obligated to wake me, but if you are in the house don't let me sleep this much." He said as he opened a drawer to search for something to eat.
"You are sick Sasuke." She closed it before he found anything. "I'm preparing soup and tea. Go back to bed."
He looked at her irritated.
"I told you I'm late."
"And I answered that you are sick."
He was not in any condition to start a fight. He could eat later. He left the kitchen to walk back to his room to prepare. His door was open and he could hear her steps approching.
"What are you doing?"
He had already tossed his shirt and a shiver had passed his body. He never cared to reply as he searched for the clothes for the day.
"I have already informed that you will be absent for at least today."
His eyes looked behind the open door of the closet.
"What?" He said with evident annoyance.
"How many times do I have to tell you?
She walked closer and her eyebrows were reaching one another.
"You, Sasuke Uchiha, are sick." She poked his arm with every word.
She didn't seem to bother that he was half dressed nor that she had walked to his room uninvited.
"Now." She said as her fingers crossed together. "Please return to the bed. I'm bringing you some tea."
She turned and walked out of the room, probably to do what she told a moment ago. The truth was he was not feeling good. But it never stopped him in the past. He never missed a day and the years that passed he had been ill several times. He figured that he needed to put more effort and endured it until it passed. If he was in battle there would be no excuses to sleep until he felt better. He just needed to train his body. And it had worked well over the years.
He took a shirt and sat on his bed. Her intervenence wasn't helpful. He closed his eyes for a moment to catch a breath.
When he opened them again, her hands were pushing the covers close to his neck.
"You are like a stubborn child." She said when she observed he was awake.
"I told you.."
"Okay, sit up now. And drink this."
He stared at her for her rudeness of completely ignoring him. She had a habit of doing so when her mind was fixed on something, a habit he didn't like.
As he sat on his back, a cup came to sight. He took it reluctantly and the familiar smell of ginger hit his nose. The warmth was welcomed as it run under his throat.
"The flavour is strong but it helps." She said as she stared at him.
After he finished half of it, he placed the cup on his side.
"How did you know I wasn't feeling well?"
She was still on her feet when a faint blush coloured her cheeks.
"I woke up to prepare your food for the day but you never came." She began. "I thought that you had left earlier but you usually get up on a certain hour. So I knocked on your door to check on you. And I saw you were still in bed, which felt odd. Then I realised you had a pained look on your face and when I touched your forehead I understood you had a fever."
She talked more quickly than usual.
"Did I answer?" He questioned simply.
"What do you mean?" She titled her head to the side.
"When you knocked. Did I answer?"
Her eyes widened but no word came. She reached for the cup he had left.
"Did you enter in here announced? What if I was indecent?"
He saw the blush growing until her hair fell to the side and covered her face.
"I was worried. I apologise for my rudeness."
She took the cup in her hands and straightened her body.
"I will come back later. You should rest for now." Her eyes were still on the ground as she spoke.
"There is no need to waste your time. I am fine." He told her blankly. "I don't neglect my duties for something like this."
Her gaze turned on him again but this time her cheeks weren't coloured anymore. She looked at him serious. She freed her right palm and reached at him. Her body bent, closing their distance. His stomach turned with anxiety. An anxiety that even if he tried he could not place its origin. When her palm touched his forehead a chill run over his body. He blamed the coldness of her hands in this hot weather.
"No, you only neglect your health." She said and for that moment he felt helpless.
"You still have a fever." She continued as her skin left his.
That was her last words before she turned and left and Sasuke was unable to respond. He was never this sick before.