3.00 ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢɪʀʟ

ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢɪʀʟ

"ALL HAIL THE RETURN OF THE GOLDEN GIRL," Tyler Lockwood sarcastically remarks, taking a sip of the bottle of vodka in his hand.

The redhead leans against the car next to him looking over the grave with the name "Lainey Jade Lockwood" inscribed on it, whispering quietly, "she had too much life in her to end up like this."

Tyler kicks a rock on the ground, "the two of you used to be two peas in a pod, and you didn't even get to say goodbye. That must suck."

"She was your twin sister and you didn't even get to say goodbye," Clara Fell countered. She then placed the flowers she had been holding in her hand on LJ's grave. The readhead had chosen a mix of roses and daisies - her favorite type of flower and LJ's favorite.

As she places the flowers on the grave, Tyler catches a glimpse of a semicolon tattoo on her middle finger, "that's the one you got with LJ right?"

"No," Clara replies softly, "I got this one on my own. LJ and I got infinity signs with a flower on it, mine was a rose and her's was a daisy."

"Because y'all's saying was for infinity and beyond," Tyler filled in before narrowing his eyes at her, "but LJ had that same semicolon tattoo as well."

"She did," Clara nodded, "it means 'your story isn't over,' she got it after that car accident your family got into. I got it just before I decided to leave boarding school."

Tyler nodded to himself before taking another swing of the bottle and handing it to Clara. He then urged her on when he noticed her hesitation, "come on Clara, don't tell me you don't drink."

Clara took the bottle, taking a drink from it before handing it back, "oh I drink. It was you saying Clara that threw me off."

"How come?" Tyler asked, "it was Clara at Miss Mystic and we've always called you Clara."

She nodded, recalling the last time she had been in town. But back then her visit had been too short to see anyone other than Caroline and Elena as they got ready. She hadn't even gotten to do her traditional burger and shake at the grill with LJ and while at the time she hadn't regretted missing out on it, now she would give anything to go back.

"It was always May at boarding school but because I was never here for long it was just too much work to correct all of you," the redhead informed him, "but I think I'll stick with Clara, it's easier. I'll just have to get used to it again." 

"LJ take her inspiration from you?" He wondered, recalling the way his twin had associated the different names with different parts of her.

"Or maybe great minds just think alike," Clara sighed, "what happened to her? The girl I knew would have never been stupid enough to be in the woods alone at night."

"You don't want to know," Tyler finished out the bottle.

But Clara did, and she was going to find out. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

just in case, the first number in the chapters represents the season and the second number represents the episode, for example this chapter takes place before season 3 episode 1 therefore i did "3.00" but the next chapter will be "3.01" (and possibly more)

each season i'll start off w something that occurred between seasons whether i take a flashback later shown or come up w it on my own

within each of the chapters (parts) when a new episode is beginning i'll have the episode title before the actual content of the episode

please tell me what you think of this one (as always)!!

& enjoy, sorry you had to wait so long for an update so i gave you a double one <3

- cass 💋