Chapter Five - No Free Hits

The fight continued back and forth between you advancing and Nat advancing. Every time she would land a hit she would take a step back, you could tell she was holding back and that the fight could have been over a long time ago.

Your anger began to build and build until finally you decided to really go for it. You took a deep sigh, to which Nat tilted her head slightly, allowing a small smirk to fall on her lips - as if she could see the switch turn in your head.

You threw out two kicks at her quickly, she blocked both but you then followed this with four left jabs and two right hooks. Again she managed to escape these, blocking and dodging each. You were determined to keep up the pressure however, so you didn't give in. You fired two more towards her chest which were blocked, a kick to her side and then a hook to her face.

She blocked both jabs to her chest, as well as the kick to her side, however she hesitated slightly allowing you to land the hook to her face at the end. It was half a second if that, but it was long enough to mean that you made contact and it was a hard hit. She took a step back to recoverer, and as she turned her face back around towards you, you saw her lip was bleeding.

You also took a step backwards, glancing at the ground as you took a deep breath and then relaxed and looked towards Clint and Wanda.

"I think that'll do for today guys." You said calmly, before looking back at Nat, who seemed very calm but avoiding your eye contact now.

"I'll give you guys a hand packing up." Wanda said with a smile.

"Actually Wands, you and Clint go ahead. I'll catch you up." You said to her, your eyes still on Nat. Wanda looked back at you with a slight frown as if to ask if you were sure, to which you nodded gently, and her and Clint made her way out of the training room.

As it was only the two of you, your attention fell back to Nat, who now had her back turned away from you and was sorting pads into a bag.

"Why did you do it?" You said, calmly but with a serious tone. You stood looking at her with your arms folded. She stopped at this, and took a deep breath before turning around slowly to face you.

"Because he.." She began to say, looking back at you calmly.

"No, not that." You interrupted her. "Why did you drop your guard? You could have blocked that hook."

Nat frowned at you slightly while a small grin grew across her face. She scanned your body with her eyes, analysing everything.

"It didn't make you feel a little bit better?" She said, still frowning.

"Letting someone hit you because you slept with their boyfriend doesn't make you even, Nat." You said, frustrated at her.

"Oh I didn't sleep with your boyfriend." She said with a scoff. "God knows that ass hole tried."

"Good thing 'that ass hole' is not my boyfriend anymore." You said, still annoyed at her. "I don't want any pity, Nat, especially not from you."

Nat paused at this, narrowing her eyes into yours as if surprised by this. She took a couple of steps forwards in the ring, until she was standing just in front of you, your faces only a few inches apart.

"Let's go again then." She said, glancing between your eyes. Your heart beat quickened again, she was so close to you, your bodies almost touching.

"No free hits?" You said, looking back at her. She grinned at this, before taking a step back and glancing down your entire body.

"No free hits." She repeated, putting her gloves back on.

She raised both her hands, and you did the same. She began by stepping sideways in a circle around you, her green eyes piercing yours the whole time. You tried to hold her stare but the truth was your heart was beating quickly and you felt nervous.

You stepped forwards to punch her twice, she blocked both of these before returning one that you also blocked. She then stepped back and began circling again.

Suddenly she stepped forwards, threw two punches towards your chest that you blocked, but at the same time took away your front foot with her leg making you off balance. She kept going, landing another punch on your chest which you couldn't block for trying to regain balance, before sweeping away your back foot and watching on as you landed on your back.

You closed your eyes as you winced slightly at the pain of your back thudding on the ground, then opened them as you went to get back up.

However, before you could sit up right, Nat had straddled your legs, placed one hand on your chest to pin you down and the other holding both of your hands against the mat above your head. She looked down at you, a small grin across her lips as she held you there firmly, regaining her breath.

Your heart was beating faster than ever as she held you there, you tried to wriggle out but each time you couldn't, Nat's grin just grew wider. Eventually you let your head rest on the mat and closed your eyes before taking a deep sigh. Nat's grip loosened ever so slightly, but to your surprise she didn't move, or allow you to get up.

"If you think Bucky is such an ass hole then why did you do it?" You said, defeated.

"Because you couldn't see it." She said calmly. You frowned at this, before trying to sit up again but Nat's hold kept you pinned to the ground.

"What do yo-... let me up, you won." You said frustrated again. Your heart was almost beating out of your chest at this point, and you knew she could feel it where her hand was pinning you down.

"Am I making you nervous?" She smirked, knowing the answer full well.

She glanced between your eyes, before glancing down at your lips for a moment, then back up. You could feel your cheeks growing red, as the butterflies in your stomach soared.

She smiled once more, before loosening her grip slowly, tracing her hands slightly before lifting them off you. She stood up then turned around and began packing the bag again.

This allowed you to sit up and attempt to regain your composure. Your thoughts were racing for a number of reasons, but the most concerning being that she was right - she did make you nervous.

"See you around." Nat said with a grin as she walked away, out of the training room.

"Hopefully not." You said, under your breath but loud enough that you know she heard it.