Chapter Twelve - It Was Inevitable

You rolled your eyes at her but smiled, she took this as an invite to come in and sit on the bed next to you.

"You OK?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Yeah, I'm good." You said nodding your head slowly. "But I owe you an apology."

"You really don't. I knew how people would respond, I was ready for it." She shrugged. "All in a days work."

"Oh what so you're superman now?" You laughed, nudging her on the arm.

"Why not?" She smirked. "Black Widow and Superwoman, that sounds like a lot of work."

"What would your kryptonite be?" You said, leaning back on the bed. It was nice to joke around a bit with Nat for the first time properly, finally you could both be yourselves.

"Good question..." She narrowed her eyes at you. "I'm between a few things but I think maybe a good martini."

"Haha, what so you're mid-fight and the guy pulls out a cocktail shaker, makes you a good martini and that's all they have to do? To defeat the black widow?" You said laughing.

"Pretty much." She laughed. "What would yours be?"

"I have no idea." You said, pausing to think.

You could feel her eyes on you in anticipation of what you'd say, suddenly you felt the butterflies again.

Oh for fucks sake, it's her. She's my kryptonite.

"I'd say I'm between a proper New York hot dog, or a really good hug." You said.

Nat burst out laughing at this, clearly surprised by your response. She held one hand over her mouth as she did, and placed the other on your leg.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, I just really wasn't expecting that. And those two things couldn't be more different." She laughed. "You looked so deep in thought I was expecting something really deep or insightful."

"Well there was a couple of other things but I'll stick with those." You shrugged. Suddenly she looked at you again with a mischievous smirk on her face, green eyes narrowed at you and head tilted.

"Like what?" She said.

"Just stupid things, but those are my final answers." You said, suddenly conscious she was pressing for more. It was almost as though she knew exactly what you'd thought.

"If it's just stupid things then tell me?" She said, leaning slightly closer to you and moving her hand ever so slightly up your thigh.

"Why do you want to know so badly?" You said, trying to divert the conversation.

"Because I can tell there's something you're not telling me. You can't lie to me y/n." She said. "I'll get it out of you one way or another."

Your heart rate soared at this, you grinned back at her, still not sure exactly what she meant by this but adamant you did not want to tell her what you were really thinking before.

"Yeah sure Romanoff, you're all talk." You teased, rolling your eyes.

"Oh you really are asking for it you know that?" She said, shaking her head slightly and again moving her hand up your thigh even further. She glanced at your eyes and then down at your lips for a second.

"Asking for what exactly?" You said, raising your eyebrows and taunting her.

"This!" She said, as she jumped on top of you and started to tickle your sides.

You got a fright and then struggled to escape her grip as she kept tickling you. You fell back onto the bed and she leant over you on all fours still tickling your sides and laughing as you squirmed.

"Ok ok stop!!" You pleaded while giggling.

Nat laughed and as she did she grabbed your wrists and pinned them beside your head on the bed, smiling down at you smugly.

"I knew you would be ticklish, you made that far too easy." She said. "Next time I expect you to put up more of a fight, agent."

"Oh shut up you." You laughed back at her.

"Make me then." She said, still with a mischievous smile but her eyes glancing at your lips more and more. She leant forwards slightly to where your faces were only a few inches apart.

"Fine, I will." You said with a smile, before leaning up quickly and locking your lips tightly onto hers.

She began to kiss you back straight away, deepening the kiss each time. Her grip on your hands loosened and you moved them up to the back of her neck, pulling her body down and on top of yours.

She kept one hand on the bed for balance, and traced the other slowly down your body. With every kiss your heart rate got faster and the butterflies soared. You pulled her even tighter towards you, and she smiled as she kissed you. After a moment or so, she pulled away from your lips and began to kiss you gently on the neck.

You leant your head back and closed your eyes, gripping her hair with one hand. You tried your best to suppress any sort of noises but after a few seconds you couldn't help but moan softly under her touch.

"Mmhmm..." You said quietly, hoping she hadn't heard it.

She didn't stop or say anything, however you knew she heard you because as soon as you let it escape she began to kiss down harder onto your neck and grip your body tighter. She traced her hand up and down your side, before tracing it up the inside of your top and towards your bra.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this." You said, barely able to get the words out, she had so much control over your body.

"It was always going to happen. Because I'm your kryptonite amn't I?" She smirked, pulling away from your neck and rubbing her nose on yours. "It was inevitable."

You smiled at her softly before pulling her in and kissing her again. Your heart soared with every touch, smile and kiss she gave you.

Damn this woman.