Engagement

(I have decided to start using the whole (Y/N) thing now, hope you guys don't mind)

Dan-

You paced around backstage, your breathing becoming more shallow by the second.

"(Y/N) it's going to be fine" he said smoothly, taking your hands in his. "Their the Phandom, their good people! They are a pretty awesome set of fans, accepting. Well, true fans are at least, and the rest. They don't matter"

His kind words didn't do a lot to calm your nerves "Exactly" you replied, "The 'Phan'dom. They ship you and Phil, their going to string me up for crushing that!"

He didn't have time to reply as you heard the announcement of your names.

You were just about to step onto the stage at Vidcon, you had been so excited up until this point. But now, as the sound of screaming fans filled your ears you felt your heart drop to your knees. You could see him grinning at you but the world had gone fuzzy as you stumbled under the bright lights.

You could barely hear what he was saying as you stared out to the audience, feeling like a deer in the lights of a oncoming bus. Dan captivated the audience with ease, then after a while there must of been something shocking as all eyes in the room seem to widen, gasps filling the room before bursts of applause. Along with a few discouraging sighs. You swivelled to look at Dan, hoping for some clue as to what just happened.

His eyes were locked on yours, he seemed expectant. His eyes full of emotion, hope with a little doubt behind it.

"W-what?" you stuttered, eyes wide with confusion.

You heard laughter erupt from around you, and saw a grin form on his lips.

"Oh I was just wondering (Y/N), if you fancied marrying me?" He was casual, as if asking you to pass him the salt. But you could see the worry etched into his face.

You gasped so loudly that you threw you hand over your mouth. The whole room seemed on edge. The silence began to make you head hurt.

"Well..." you said dragging out your words. "I don't see what not"

You laughed but tears somehow managed to escape your eyes.

The room then erupted but couldn't even hear it as he threw you into the air. You screamed as he spun you around and around. Until you both collapsed into a heap of giggles. You heard various aww's and wolf whistles from the audience that you had forgotten was even there.

He then pulled a small satin box from his back pocket, as he opened it you held your breath. It was small, delicate and silver with a single diamond shining from its centre.

"Wow" you whispered. Examining it slowly as he slid it onto your finger.

"I know" he replied. "Tumblr is gonna go mental."

Phil-

It was Christmas day, you were staring in the mirror while trying to fix your antlers. You tipped your head to the side, hearing the bells jingle. You could hear laughing behind you.

"I'm no make-up expert" he began.

"Agreed" you replied quickly

"But, I was under the impression lipstick wasn't for noses.

You giggled as he pushed your nose like a button. "You're just jealous that you didn't get to be Rudolf, Elfy." you grinned back.

He sighed, "You know me too well"

——-

You stared at him as he swished his eggnog around in his cup, he seemed bored. Uninterested in his surroundings, so you slipped away. Joining Dan on the dance floor.

You grinned as the music became quieter, trying not to give anything away in your eyes. Dan stopped spinning and stared at you quizzically.

"Are you okay?" he questioned.

"Oh, I'm fine" you replied before running on-stage. Leaving him stood, dumbfounded.

You whispered into the lead singers ear, and he nodded in response. Before pausing his band and handing you the microphone.

You coughed nervously, eyes locking on his. "Could Mr Lester make his way to the stage please" you practically whispered.

You watched him walk, laughing as he stumbled over a barstool. The world seemed to go in slow motion as you thought about what you were about to do. You closed you're eyes and counted to ten, breathing deeply.

You blinked, he was looking into your eyes and somehow you stopped being nervous. Slowly you de-attached one of the bells from you're antlers, placing it into the palm of his hand. 

"A Bell?" he mumbled, confusion evident in his face.

You leaned in and whispered into his ear, "Only those who believe can hear the magic"

He shook it hesitantly, and then just stared at it.

Heads around the room swivelled in your direction, it didn't ring. But you knew he could hear it, the faint tap as it hit the sides. 

He unscrewed the bell, letting the contents fall into his hand. He didn't say anything as he placed a ring onto his finger.

He held your hand gently, sliding a identical one onto you.

"I believe" he said, for the whole room to hear.