Not so Miserable Otkazat'sya

I thought I would try mixing up the POV's let me know what you think!

Aleeza's POV:

I had to be careful when I first climbed over the fence onto the streets of Os Alta. A girl in a Kefta stands out, especially alone. I needed to get this thing off, and I had one person always itching to help me.

The Apparat, now don't get me wrong, he is a little creepy-maybe a lot. And he stinks, but he does let me store my trunk of clothes in his Church. I like to go there for a good cry and prayer every once in a while.

Today I was there for both, first crying, and then the supplies. I swiftly slipped into the doors of the Church and was relieved when no one was there. I took a seat in one of the pews and started a long cry, I needed to get it out of my system.

Even though it was all silent, the Appart still heard me. Great. He slid into the pew and asked me with his interesting voice, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I tried to say as I wiped my tears on my Kefta. "I'm going out tonight. Genya told me where the party was. It's big, especially since the Queen's hosting."

I think he enjoyed the fact I was Grisha. I was probably the only one desperate enough to come in here and talk to him. "Still no powers, eh. I will pray on that you will overcome..." he paused. "what did you call it, your mental blockage..." he said, starting to talk to himself.

A while ago, I was at rock bottom. Miserable around all the Grisha who excelled at their abilities, I realized what was I doing, being miserable in Os Alta of all places. There were so many balls and events happening all the time. It was silly for me to be doing anything but having a good time. I had always wished to participate more in society. But my family was only here for a short while before returning to our small village.

So I gathered the money I took when I ran away and bought myself a new wardrobe. I then practically demanded that Genya inform me the details of a few events, and I quickly became the life of the party.

Now I saw my chance, and I quickly walked far away from the Apparat, heading to the back, where I picked out an outfit from my trunk. Before I came to the little palace I was raised upper class. Not Os Alta upper class, but it still left me with better social graces around nobility than anyone else.

Most hated it, but I enjoyed that no one there ever acted like themselves. It was all fake. We were all playing, and I was the best actor of them all. It was a struggle to keep up a collection of dresses. I had to sell them and then resell them opting for the latest fashion. Slowly but surely, my numbers were dwindling.

However, with my Grisha abilities, I was somewhat able to locate valuable stones from the earth and by streams. I still hadn't mastered scanning for gold or even silver but Sapphires, Rubies, and even the occasional diamond I could find. More often than not, in the streets where someone had lost it but still. I could pawn them off for good money and use it to buy even more jewelry.

Genya, who worked for The Queen, always had a few tricks up her sleeve. She's probably the only reason I managed to get away with this. We were best friends. I wanted to see her before I went. If I was lucky, she might even fix my hair. It is my birthday, after all.

I went to the bathroom and quickly got changed. I wanted to be there as soon as I could. I was still the Miserable Materialiki, but whenever I put on the part of Otkazat'sya, I was beaming.

༶•┈┈ ♛ ┈┈•༶

"Let me fix it!" Genya begged.

"Who says it needs fixing?" I shot back as she tried to redo my hair.