A Conversation

Me: I remember some friends kept throwing this at me and it only made me even more suicidal and I ended contact with them. So don't do that. People don't need “God" in such situations, they need kind hearted humans a lot more.

Edit Note: I was christian in the past, but I didn't want God, I wanted my friends. I already had God at that time, so there was no need to “want" for something I already had. But I didn't have the empathy and comfort from my friends, but they kept telling me the same thing, “turn to God", yk what God told me? Spend some time with your friends, tell people you're not feeling well. But my friends didn't listen.

Other person: Where do people get their kindheartedness though? Where do morals and right and wrong come from? I think you would agree that good and evil exist. You can not have good and evil without a source. So what is that source? Surely a bunch of crazed animals who evolved through billions of years didn’t develop some sense of right and wrong. It’s just there. But where does it come from? What is your “conscience” or that little voice that tells you not to do something wrong. Or tells you you should give that homeless guy 10 bucks. That’s not something that is evolved in you over time. Without a source of Good and evil then who’s to say what’s good and what’s evil? What’s good to you might be evil to someone else. Hitler thought what he was doing was good. But who are we to say it’s wrong if there’s no source for it?

Me: I'm not sure where does this fit with my comment…Oh and that voice? I don't have it. I just follow the law, if I don't, there are consequences. So I have no need for a “voice" when all rules and laws I must follow are already written down.