Chapter 5

"Hey, tonight do you want to smoke with two of my childhood friends?" Kylie asked in the morning as I got ready for my first class. Since it's Wednesday, I finished my first morning class at 9am and now am on my break before my last class which starts at 11am.

"Sure, what time though? I start my new job today." After all my classes, I finish at 12pm since they're all early morning classes and then I have work from 2pm until 8pm. "But I get off at 8pm."

"Oh that's fine, it wouldn't have been until like 8 anyways." She explained. "It's going to be his stuff, I figured there's no way to track that we know him, so it should be safe. And with the protection, it should remain safe, I'm assuming."

"May as well offer to smoke with whoever's protecting us." I jokingly stated with a laugh at the end. Kylie chuckled and nodded her head.

"Now, while you go to class, I'm going to fall back to sleep." Kylie said laying back in bed going on her phone. Laughing again, I finished making my bed and then checked out my outfit in the mirror. I decided to branch out of my usual leggings and into some jeans that I got from Walmart for $10. They were the mens jeans and they just know how to hug my body. But the hardest part is knowing my waist size and then how easily that fluctuates.

So, there's that.

I look good though. Grabbing my backpack, headphones, and wallet, I headed out the door. It was chilly today, but the crew neck I was wearing provided much needed warmth.

The sky seemed more grey than I'm used to, so I guess winter is going to be setting in soon. I'm not the most excited for that, but at least when I was at the store I bought vitamins such as vitamin D.

Looking around the campus, I didn't really feel anyone looking at me other than some creepy stares from men. I also ended up buying some pepper spray just in case. Opening my phone, I plugged in my headphones and played some music just to calm my nerves.

The medication for today hasn't exactly set in yet, but it should very soon. And if not, I have some left over gummies in my bag. All the sudden, I felt a vibration in my pants.

"Hello?" I asked, expecting a friendly welcoming from my mom.

"Hola bebe, how are you doing?" She asked in Spanish. She sounded tired, must be from work. Just the sound of her voice feels comforting. I miss her so much.

"I'm doing good!" I replied in Spanish. "I'm just walking to class right now. And you?"

"Yes, yes everything is fine. I just wanted to make sure. You haven't called me in a while." Of course she'd blame it on me. As if the phone doesn't work both ways.

"Well I'm sorry, I love you, mami." I laughed to lighten up the mood.

"I love you too and don't eat too much of that American pizza and grease."

"Of course." I laughed and blew a kiss through the phone before hanging up and finishing my walk to class. Walking in, I sighed and pulled out my phone to see a message from Arles.

Arles: Do you smoke by any chance?

Valeria: Of course!! Im actually doing a smoke sesh at 8 with a few others, wanna join?

Arles: sure! I have some stuff I can bring too, meet at your dorm?

Valeria: oka!

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of having friends. It's been a while since I felt this. I quickly texted Kylie and made sure it was okay. Especially since it's not my stash.

Sweet! I can't wait honestly. The smile can't be wiped off my face.

"Is this seat open?" I heard a familiar voice ask. Why can't he leave me alone?