Chapter 22 - Freaking Out

━━━━━━┛ °• ♡ •° ┗━━━━━━

Chapter 22 — Freaking Out
(Some years after graduation)

━━━━━━┓ °• ♡ •° ┏━━━━━━

Mina woke up to the ringing of their doorbell. And it was a frantic and desperate ringing, no pause between the repeated usage of the doorbell. She groaned annoyed, same like Kirishima beside her and climbed out of their bed. The pink girl stomped to their front door still in her pyjamas and ripped the door open. It was that harsh that Kirishima who followed her worried she would manage to rip it out of the angles. But the door seemed ok. Yet the person on the otherside of the threshold not. He was breathing hard, looked like he ran the whole way over instead of taking the bus or using his quirk and propped himself up on his knees.
"DUDE! Cut that shit out! It's a Saturday, 6am and I had the dream of dreams about the best damn quality tea! You better have a good explanation for that! And if it's work, it's a no from me!" Mina snapped at Katsuki who was still catching his breath. The older looked up and Mina shut up. Her eyes widened, same like Kirishimas behind her.
"C-can I come in? Please? Just a second, I gotta go as fast as possible anyways" he asked with a shaky, insecure voice. Mina raised an eyebrow at her former classmate and then stepped aside, letting Katsuki in. The blond stepped inside and waited until Kirishima closed the door of the appartement.
"If you're on that time of the month and have cramps what do you do against it normally? Is there anything at all you can do? Just like something little so Cheeks doesn't look like she's dying anymore. Oh and she feels nauseous. I-I made her a tea for now that should help her against the nausea but if she won't eat that won't help either. Yet she doesn't want to eat since she has such cramps. To be frank she doesn't want to get up at all except to go to the bathroom. Damn I think it had never been so bad since we moved in together. Raccoon eyes I swear if you won't answer me, I-"
"Woah, woah calm down Bro. No death threats now" Kirishima interrupted him and gestured him to calm down. Katsukis eyes were widened in panic and showed how helpless he felt. But Minas brain wasn't working fully currently. She only registered one thing. And that was, that Ochako actually had been right when she claimed that Katsuki had a caring side. She just got some really good quality tea, maybe she still was dreaming or her dream just shifted into reality. No evidences though of this rare incident, yet if she had a camera, she could sell that for millions to any tabloid. But she also felt bad thinking about sharing this. He genuinely cared about her. He might not show it openly in front of them due to his personality but he did care.
"I thought you aced sex-ed?" Mina blurted out the first thing her brain provided and jumped backwards when Katsuki tried to grab her.
"Answer my fucking question!"
"Bakubro calm down!" Kirishima held him back and looked at Mina pleading. She nodded and then vanished in their bathroom. The girl rummaged in their mirror cabinet and then took out some pills to put some of them in a little box. Mina put the rest of the painkillers back in its place and walked back to Katsuki.
"Here. Painkillers help a bit already. Then something warm like a flask filled with warm water. Uhm ask her if she has enough pads before you head home, if not you can go buy some spare ones. Cook her light food now while she feels nauseous, it'll be the first two to three days I guess and then it'll get back to normal. Chako might crave sweets then so stock up on them. Ugh yeah that's all I can think off for now" she told him and Katsuki nodded understanding. Kirishima grinned impishly and drapped his arm over Minas shoulders. "And cuddles help too. Watching movies together. You know, attention."
"Warmth, light food, sweets, pads, attention. Got it. I'm off bye" Katsuki repeated and stormed out of the appartement again. Mina looked after him and then up to her boyfriend.
"I didn't dream that right?"
"No. No you didn't. C'mon let's go back to sleep, I'm still tired" the taller answered and leaded Mina back to their bedroom.
Katsuki on the other hand ran to the next supermarket to buy everything he would need. First he took care of the food and sweets, pilling all of his girlfriends favorite sweets. Then he moved over to the section with the cosmetics. He pressed his lips together and grumbled: "Whatever. It's an emergency."
And so he entered the section and looked for the right pads. Yet that was the question. Which one were the right ones? This was almost a science for itself how he quickly noticed. There were so many different kinds that he got completely overwhelmed. ‚Uuugh...Fuck. Which one does she always store in the bathroom?' he thought and tried to remember the package of the pads. A green one, he could recall so much. So he turned his head to the nearly thousands of green ones and looked at them. ‚This one was it I think? Or the one next to it?'
He gritted his teeth and then just took both. If Ochako actually might get moody he did want to play safe. Yet the next and probably biggest challenge was just about to come. The cashier. He would pretty surely recognize Katsuki. Or better he already recognized him. When the black haired cashier saw the pads he raised his eyebrows a bit but quickly continued his work.
"You better fucking didn't see that and don't even dare to tell that someone" Katsuki grumbled in a low threatening tone and the employe gulped with an anxious nod. Katsuki payed for the groceries and then left the building again. Slowly, he tried to stay unsuspicious. But as soon as he was further away and in a calmer less crowded place again, he started running anew. And he kept it up until he was at home and entered the apartment of him and Ochako.
"Where were you?~ You're mean to just leave me alone!" Ochako whinned from their couch and he walked over to her. She still was curled up and looked terrible. Katsuki ran a hand through her hair and then over her cheek. "I ran some errands. Gimme a second, I'll get you something for the cramps ok?"
"We don't have painkillers anymore. Except you bought some" she whimpered again and the older took a glass out to fill it with water. Katsuki took one of the painkillers Mina gave him and then brought them over to Ochako.
"I did. Here, let's see if you can take it. I'll prepare a warm flask and then something to eat ok?"
"Don't wanna eat. I still don't feel well" she complained but took the pill and laid back down again. Katsuki took out a fluffy blanket he happened to find in the supermarket and held it in front of Ochakos face. She looked at it and touched the material cautiously.
"Give it to me!" she demanded right away, turned on her back and reached her arms out. The blond chuckled and ripped the band that kept the rolled blanket together apart. Then he unfolded the blanket and put it over Ochako carefully. "I'm right back ok?"
"Ok" she mumbled and hid her face in the fluffy fabric. The blond disappeared in their bathroom to get the flask so he could fill it later with warm water. Ochako meanwhile remained in her embryo position on the sofa until the screen of her phone lit up. She took it in her left hand and tapped the message she received to open the messenger. Katsuki turned some music on in the background while she heard him taking out utensils to prepare her some food. But Ochako sat up with the blanket in her right hand and the left hand on the sofa beside her phone when she saw the message. Her eyes wandered to the olders back who was already onto it to cut some ingredients while he waited for the kettle to warm up the water.
‚Ran some errands huh?'
"Hubby?" she said quietly and got a hum from him. Katsuki turned around and took the kettle some minutes before it was ready.
"I love you" she added and watched him preparing the warm flask for her with the pink fabric around it and the red hearts on it. The blond grinned and wrapped another towel around the object in his hands while walking over to her.
"I love you too. Now lie down again" he answered and handed her the flask. She took it carefully and hugged it, welcoming the warmth right away.
Her eyes wandered down to the message from Mina again, who still showed on her phones screen a bit hidden under the blanket.

Mina [6:22]: Won't question it anymore. I believe you

♡•·················•·················•♡

"Am back."
"Hey Hubby! Dinner's almost ready" Ochako greeted him and the older nodded understanding before he went to the bedroom to get changed out of his work attire. Then he walked in the bathroom to wash his face and hands silently, still hanging deep in thought. The blond breathed deeply and then toweled his face and hands down so he could join for dinner. When he got back to the kitchen Ochako sat on the counter and waved him over.
"Hey. Had a long day?"
Katsuki stood in front of her and then slowly leaned over onto her. The brunette noticed the shimmering eyes of the older and how he had his arms all tensed up.
"Hey Hubby. Something wrong? Was your day that bad?"
"Shitty Hair had to go to the hospital because of me" Katsuki whispered. The tears were even audible in his voice. It was breaking mid sentence so Ochako needed a moment until her brain completed the sentence for her.
"Why would you think it's your fault?"
"Because I didn't watch my back and exercised my own judgement instead of listening to what Hawks tolds us. Needless to say that he was furious. If I haven't done that, Shitty Hair didn't take the hit and got injured."
Ochako gently wiped away the tears that were falling down by now and smiled encouragingly. But before she could say any good meant words the blond was already at it again and continued quietly: "The number one hero wouldn't let his own comerades get hurt, Cheeks... Like this I'll never make our dream come true."
Ochako shook her head and carded through Katsukis hair while she hummed a no. The older just stayed silent and waited for her answer but Ochako first wrapped her legs around him and then kissed his forehead.
"Even the number one hero isn't flawless Katsuki, they can't be everywhere at anytime. Don't be too harsh on you, I'm sure our dream will come true."
"How are you so sure about that?" he answered barely audible and sighed deeply before he added: "The rankings are soon. No chance I'll get that fixed in time."
"There's nothing to be fixed Katsuki, I'm certain about that. Trust me, everything will turn out well. I know that, because you are Katsuki Bakugou and you don't do half-assed things that could get messed up by such little things, right?" she answered quietly. Katsuki stayed quiet for a while and made Ochako a little uncomfortable. She was worried that she said the wrong things. Maybe this time he would've needed more sensitive words than those encouraging ones. But Katsuki nodded after a while and took a shaky breath while hugging her tighter. "You're right. I almost made it, so there's nothing that could stop me now."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I think I'll never really be able to emphasise this enough, but I'm really grateful for all the readers of this story: Doesn't matter if you like to comment, vote or just read silently.
So thank you very much again, if you chose to continue to read and follow Kacchakos post-graduation story <3

I wish you a pleasant day/night everyone and stay healthy (/^.^(^.^*)>