Chapter 6

Bee ran down the sidewalk along with everyone else. She was in the lead by quite a bit, but she was glad. She wanted to get home as soon as she possibly could. Her mother and father could be in danger.

Bee..calm down. She told herself as she pushed herself to keep sprinting. They're probably just not near their phones right now. You're gonna go inside and everything's gonna be fine. They'll be on the couch watching a movie together, or something like that. The thought comforted her.

Unfortunately, when she rounded the corner to her street, she saw her house at the end of the road. The front door was wide open along with the garage. She stopped in her tracks and stared with fear.

The rest of the people came to a halt beside her and also stared.

"Oh shit." Vivian said after a moment, removing his sunglasses and hanging them on his shirt collar.

After a moment, Bee started running again, directly towards the house. Almost at once, everyone else's fast footsteps could be heard behind her. She halted once more directly in front of her porch.

        "Mom?!" She shrieked, bolting up the steps. "Dad?!"

          Immediately, someone's hand grasped her shoulder and pulled her back.

         "Don't go in there!" Xylon spoke as she turned to face him, "they could be..." he trailed off, his half-blinded gaze scanning her face.

         "They could be what?! They could be dead?!" Bee screamed, her vision getting blurry with tears. She then pulled away from Xylon's grasp and ran inside before anyone else could stop her.

"Mom! Dad!" She called with terror, her blood feeling like ice in her veins. She first stopped in the living room. They weren't on the couch. Then, she sprinted into the kitchen. Once again, no one. She called to them over and over, but there was still no answer.

         After racing all throughout the house and finishing by leaving through the open garage, she started to cry. Bee fell to her knees in the empty driveway, not caring about the cement scraping against them and making them bleed.

        Almost at once, her friends surrounded her, their eyes wide as they asked various questions. Something about the group seemed off..as if it was too small, but she had no time to worry about that now.

        "They're really gone?" Heath gasped, his blue eyes sharp with shock and slight fear. Bee could only get out a nod through her sobs. She lost the people closest to her, the people she loved the most.

         "Oh my God!" Echo wailed, putting her hands to her head as she paced back and forth slightly downward on the driveway. "This is insane! This is absolutely insane!"

         "Hey, don't you worry," it was Xylon speaking this time, "we're gonna find them, okay?" He kneeled down in front of her and gave her a reassuring smile, although his eyes were teary.

         "How are we gonna do that? Just become registered cops?" Vivian scoffed and shrugged as if it seemed unbelievable, and it probably was. However, Bee was willing to do anything to get them back.

         Bell looked up at him, her arms crossed.

         "If Xylon has.." she paused as if she wanted to find the right words to describe it, "a plan...or whatever...I think he should share it. What the hell have we got to lose?" Bee's friend then turned and motioned vaguely to the house.

          "Yeah, Xylon, whatcha got?" Chandler balled his hand into a fist and gave Xylon a punch on the shoulder as he stood up again. Xylon looked surprised and almost startled as everyone turned to look expectantly at him.