new roomie- pt 1

you took your pills one at a time. this took awhile when you had like 15 to take. god only knows what each of them is for.
you've been on Arkham now for about- a year. a whole fucking year. you've done more than they know about, that's for sure. if they knew what you had done, how many lives you ruined, destroyed, killed, you wouldn't even bother counting the days you had been in this hell hole.
It started off an ordinary day- you woke up, unfortunately, and we're escorted to breakfast and then to the showers, and then a new pair of stripes.
you HATED the stripes. you would much rather have something with color, or something at least a little more flattering. but at least they were comfortable, minus the itchyness.
You then went to the rec hall. that's when it all changed.
a gaurd stopped you before you entered.
"hey, y/n, your getting a roomate today."
you were shocked, and immediately your heart started pounding.
"what?"
"you heard me. strange wants to see you."
you walked down the hall with the gaurd, shaking and excited beyond belief. what was she in for?
but it wasn't a she. it was a he.
"hiya doll."
you stared at him. strange looked at you.
"y/n, this is jerome. I know you will tolerate him well. we're out of high security holding cells, so he will stay with you until one opens up."
you stood and looked Jerome up and down. he struck a dramatic pose.
"why not put him in with another guy?"
"how do you think that would go, miss y/n? two violent men together, in a small enclosed space for an extended period of time?"
"then why not just put me in with a girl?"
"you're the only female in the unit, y/n"
"sounds like someone's trying to get rid of me," Jerome butted in.
"shut up" you say without even glancing in his direction.
"ooo, Dolly's got a mouth on her." Jerome says, challenging you.
"Jerome, enough. guard, escort them to their cell, please"