Into New London

Pov Atticus

I slept soundly because of the fatigue I had just experienced. Last I remember 2 brave men rescued me at a time when I thought it was the last time I would see Faltmart. I can see I'm still wearing my armor and the boots I used were just next to me. I was in a strangely cramped room, I felt the heavenly warmth that was a far cry from the frozen wastelands.

I put on my boots and opened the door to a narrow corridor. I proceed to head down the stairs, I tried to make it as stealthy as possible but the wooden creeks destroyed that hope. I then saw a man preparing something in the kitchen while whistling Rule Britania.

James: Ohhh. Hey, you're awake.

James noticed him coming down the stairs

James: I was making tea would you like some.

Atticus hesitated before joining him at the table

James then proceeded to pour some tea for Atticus but he noticed that he was

James: Don't worry it's not poisoned.

Atticus hesitated for a bit but took a sip from the strange metal cup.

James: So how do you like the tea I know it doesn't taste as good after the great frost but we still make the best of it.

James's question was answered when Atticus downed the whole cup.

James gestured.

James: would you like some more?

I didn't understand the man but I understand that he means no harm so he nodded.

James then poured another cup then he asked.

James: So what is your name?

Atticus then tried to tell him that he doesn't understand what he is saying in Latin.

p.s I/L means in Latin

James: Ohhh. You speak Latin I know a few myself. (I/L) So what's your name?

Atticus: Atticus

James: (I/L) Well nice to meet you Atticus, but I have to say that's a strange name for someone in this day and age. Anyway later I'm we are going to the cookhouse to get some food after that I will give you a tour of the city.

Then when I was about to respond I suddenly heard a loud noise. I immediately turned to grab my sword but only to find out that it wasn't in my holster. After that, a voice can be heard.

Speaker: That's it folks works done for the day.

James: That's the signal that we should probably go and get food.

James stands up.

James: (I/L) Grab that coat hanging there I will give you a tour of our city.

Atticus nodded he then grabbed the coat and proceeded to the door.

James: (I/L) I would like to congratulate you on taking your first steps in our wonderful city.