Into New London Part 2

This is what James looks like

This is what Atticus looks like

Pov James

James can see Atticus joining him outside visibly shacking due to the generator being toned down during the night.
He gestured for Atticus to follow him which he obeys.

James: (I/L) Now as you can see what's unique about our city is how it is designed.

James remarked.

James: As you may have already noticed, our city is structured in a curved form to conserve as much heat and space around the generator as possible. We also set up some steam hubs like what you are seeing in front of you to expand the range of the generator.

 We also set up some steam hubs like what you are seeing in front of you to expand the range of the generator

Atticus has already seen a couple of them but never knew the purpose of such a tower.

They then walked through the curved streets filled with pipes and boards to prevent the snow from expanding. Then they arrived at a large structure that Atticus has never seen before.

 Then they arrived at a large structure that Atticus has never seen before

James: (I/L) This is the infirmary where we treat our citizens.

James can see the amazement in such a structure then he asked.

Atticus: (I/L) What kind of treatment?

James replied

James: (I/L) Minor frostbite, smallpox, gangrene, and if you have an amputated leg for whatever reason we will give you prosthetics so you can have your arm or leg again.

Atticus was shocked for such a civilization to not only cure the lethal deceased but also give their people their arms and legs back they must be blessed by the God of knowledge.

Atticus: (I/L) Receiving such treatment here must be only for the wealthy.

Atticus said but was puzzled when James started to laugh.

James: (I/L) Hahaha! No, we don't have currency here you can receive treatment anytime for free as long as you do your best for the city.

Atticus was shocked to learn of such an advanced civilization without currency is beyond him.

James: (I/L) Now let's head to the public house and get ourselves a drink.

They ventured on until they arrived at a structure with a sign that Atticus couldn't read.

James: (I/L) This is the public where you can get yourself a drink after working so hard for the city let's head inside.

Atticus along with James went inside once they entered it was a lively atmosphere filled with drunks telling stories about their lives before the great storm.

Bartender: Hey mate wants a drink this one is on the house.

James: Thank Mitch

Mitch: Anytime pal and who is your new friend?

James: Meet Atticus he can't understand because he speaks Latin.

Mitch: Ain't that the truth... Hey, can you translate for me?

James: Sure what do you want to say?

Mitch: Tell him that since he survived a storm alone I think it's time to open that barrel of Lager Beer.

James translated for Mitch then one of Atticus's eyebrows widened in amusement

Atticus: (I/L) What is this Lager Beer all I know is Ale.

James them translated

Mitch: Ohhh you're gonna love it mate tastes better than moonshine and Ale.

Mitch then gestured for them to follow him to his basement.

Mitch: Here it is.

Mitch said as he rolled the barrel.

Mitch: Now grab your mugs and start swinging.

Mitch then gave them both their mugs and filled them with German-style beer.

James: (I/L) Come on taste it.

Atticus hesitated at first then took a swig.

Mitch: So how does it taste?

Atticus was at a loss for words it was so delicious and sweet he couldn't help but down the whole mug.

James: That's your answer

James said as he chuckled.

After taking a few mugs Jame told Atticus it was time to leave. They both stepped out of the public house albeit a bit drunk.

James: (I/L) Atticus I'll be showing you where your gonna stay.

Atticus then followed James until they reach the same house where Atticus stayed.

James: (I/L) That's right we are neighbors now your room is room 406 have a good night

James said to Atticus as he proceeded to his room. He fixed himself and got comfortable in his bed but he can't but think.

Atticus's mind: They treated me like family even though I was a stranger they fed me and even gave me a free drink of what I assumed is expensive alcohol. He remembered that tomorrow he was about to meet the captain to explain himself. He expected to be nervous but he somehow felt more comfortable around these people but he knows he will still have to report back.

Atticus then saved his thoughts for tomorrow and went to bed.

(Sorry for the late publishing 6 hours straight of network problems.)