𝟎𝟎𝟏.

"Deacon get out of the fucking bathroom right now, I have to piss," Love said banging on the bathroom door she shared with her older brother.

He's been in there for damn near 40 minutes which surprised Love because normally her brother was in the bathroom for like 10 minutes, 15 on a good day. Love was guessing it's because he had some date with some girl, considering it's the only thing that would make sense.

Love got tired of waiting and hurriedly walked downstairs into her older sister Carrie's room. Carrie was 27 and gained custody over her two younger siblings after some stuff with their parents went down. 

The Winters siblings were great when it was just the three of them but when their parents were thrown in the mix it was a disaster. Their father left after Love was born and their mother fell off the bandwagon. She rapidly sunk into a whole of alcohol, drugs, and an abusive state of mind. Although Love's mom took her anger out on all three of the kids most of that hatred was received by Love. Deacon tried to stick up for his baby sister as much as possible but there's only so much an eight-year-old boy can do for his seven-year-old sister. At this point, Carrie had graduated from high school and left Hawkins in hope of a better life.

When Carrie was 22 she got a call from the police saying how both Love and Deacon were seriously hurt. She had rushed home as quickly as she could. When she walked into the hospital she saw her sister with red eyes from crying and a bloody nose with gauze on it and when her eyes searched for Deacon she found him lying in a hospital bed with a sling on his arm. Carrie made sure to check on her siblings and the Hawkins police explained to her that her mom had beat the younger siblings for something so small as leaving a bowl of cereal out and having crumbs on the counter. Not wanting her siblings to be taken into foster care Carrie made the decision of adopting them all at the age of 22, sometimes she wished things were different and that she would have actually got to experience her early 20s but at the end of the day, Carrie didn't regret it. She always wanted to be a mom later on in life but she guessed that this was God's plan for her.

 Carrie didn't mind being seen as a mother figure she showered them with all the love and affection they'd ever need. It could be hard at times but Carrie was financially stable and doing well for herself despite her age and having two teenagers to raise.

"Carrie, can I please use your bathroom," Love said crossing her legs basically on the verge of pissing herself.

"yea, go ahead kiddo" Carrie laughed. She was watching some show on her tv and eating out of a half-empty bag of Twizzlers.

Love would've used the guest bathroom but it had some plumbing issues that wouldn't have been fixed until that upcoming Sunday.

Love told her sister a quick thank you as she left out of the room and headed back upstairs.

Deacon put on his letterman jacket as he walked past Love. Her brother smelled nicer than usual tonight, he had on his favorite jeans, and he was nervous mumbling. Love's suspicions were confirmed, Deacon Winters for sure had a date tonight.

"who's the lucky girl," Love asked leaning against the railing of the stairs.

"you wouldn't know her" Deacon replied rubbing the back of his neck.

"Are you sure, because I don't believe you" Love said trying to annoy her brother.

"Love, drop it," Deacon said rolling his eyes.

"aww someone's moody tonight, isn't she. is it that time of the month" Love joked.

"You're so fucking annoying" Deacon yelled on his way out the door.