𝟎𝟎𝟑.

Love sat in the kitchen eating a bowl of leftover pasta Carrie made from the other night. Carrie was a nurse at the hospital so she would either cook a lot of food so Deacon and Love would have something to eat for the next day when she worked a late shift or she'd leave them money to get a pizza or something.

As Love was eating her mind kept wandering off. was I too hard on Steve?  maybe I should've helped Steve. Love just eat your pasta and think of something else before you drive yourself insane. That was everything that was going through Love Winters mind.

Being too lost in her 'haze' Love didn't hear the doorbell ring.

"Love" Deacon yelled snapping Love out of her thoughts.

"your kids are here" Deacon joked as he walked away from the front door.

Love laughed to herself as she walked to the front door. There stood Lucas, Dustin, and Mike staring at her.

"umm hey, guys," Love said her voice cracking in the process.

"We need your help," all three of the boys said at once.

Before Love knew it a bunch of rambles came from the boy's mouths at the same time. All of them talking over each other the only words Love got from the whole thing were: Will, look, woods, now. Love stood in her door frame looking at the group of boys with her mouth slightly closed in confusion.

"well," Lucas said looking at her.

"say something" Mike expressed.

"hello," Dustin said waving his hand in front of her face.

"okay.. someone please tell me this again but much slower," Love asked.

"We need to go looking for Will like right now" Lucas explained urgently.

"an- and we wanted to know if you wanted to come along," Dustin asked.

"well, it's obviously about to rain," Love said taking note of the fact that it was already thundering and lightning outside.

"Yeah, we understand," the boys said cumulatively. Taking Love's response as a no they began walking away.

"wait just a minute. I never said no" Love said smiling.

The boys' faces brightened as they turned back around to look at Love. She told them that she'd be right back and that they could wait in her living room. The group sat on the couch as Love went upstairs.

Love went upstairs to grab some things, she still had on the clothes from school earlier so all she needed now was her oversized raincoat and rain boots. She also grabbed like this clear bag and put a flashlight and a bunch of other junk in there.

Truth is Love didn't even actually want to go. She wanted Will to be found but she didn't necessarily know if going out in the woods at night would be the best way to go about it. Considering that there was three very hard-headed 12-year-old boys sitting in her living room she thought the least she could do was go with them, it beats letting them go out on their own and one of them or all of them end up missing too and that's just not really an odd Love wanted to take.

Love quickly walked down the steps of her stairs. "you boys ready," Love said waving her flashlight in their faces.