Chapter 5

As a small leader, at least Summer doesn't have to sit in a cubicle like a normal employee but has a small office with clear windows. The walls are transparent glass, so when the blinds are not drawn you can see directly from the inside to the outside, and of course, the people outside can also see directly into her inside.

The office is clean and simple, white in colour, clean and dust-free, with a 1.2-metre long white desk with a desktop Apple computer and a small green evergreen plant in good condition. Exactly like the one on her desk in her bedroom, which someone else has taken good care of for her during her leave of absence. The leaves even had droplets of water on them and the soil was moist, so it was likely that someone had watered it just before she arrived.

Summer habitually walked around the office to familiarise herself with the surroundings, briefly going through the paperwork and personal books on her desk and in her cupboard, which was neatly organised by category. With even the corners aligned. Although she couldn't quite remember whether she had organised them herself or whether someone else had done it for her, it was honestly a relief The office environment is comfortable and perfectly suited to her psychological preferences. She was touched by the fact that someone had obviously taken care of her office while she was away.

The discomfort Summer felt as a result of what had just happened faded away. She was still a little uncomfortable with the occasional hot glances from outside through the clear glass wall. Summer smiled at some of the people outside who had been looking at her, and went to the curtain and closed the blinds all the way, shutting out all the bright and dark eyes, before she felt her body relax.

It wasn't that she didn't want to make out and interact with everyone and fit in with the group, it was just that she couldn't bear it at the moment. She wasn't sure whether it was a good or bad decision to come to work before her memory returned. Summer sat down at her desk, switched on her computer, found out about her current duties and responsibilities and got up to speed surprisingly quickly.

It was as if the expertise and information were deeply embedded in her brain, and she was not at all worried that she might not know anything. She was not at all worried that she would not know anything. She was even more comfortable with her current skills. Time flies when you are concentrating on something. Summer had just returned to the office and had not been given much to do, and she was so efficient that her workload for the day was almost complete by now.

During this period, apart from a team member who came in once to bring her some information, no one else came in to disturb her, and the working atmosphere this morning was generally relaxed and clean. Summer saved the file and glanced at the little push news window that had popped up in the bottom right corner of her computer from time to time since she had turned it on: "Bus 144 brakes failed and rolled off the road, 16 people on board are still unconscious with serious injuries." Without many expressions, she shut down her computer and prepared to go to dinner.

She vaguely remembered that the company had two floors dedicated to the restaurant, because it was a foreign company, most of the senior management were foreigners, so there was not only a Chinese restaurant but also a Western restaurant, and Indian, Korean, Japanese, French and buffet or something. Summer was thinking about what to eat later while twisting the doorknob, the good mood brought by the good work came to an abrupt end when she opened the door. How could she expect that there were so many people waiting for her outside the office, just wanting to eat with her?

At the front of the room was Oriella, whom she had arranged to have dinner with earlier, and who had come upstairs at some point to wait outside. That was fine, but what about the dozens of people behind her who were waiting together?