Chapter 17

If God had given Summer another chance, she would have left the mall far away after running out of the toilet.

Summer's mind hissed wildly in remorse. She had always believed that she was not that unlucky. A good spot which couldn't have been easily found. At this point, Summer was glad that the passers-by didn't really bother her. They heard Yimin's shouts for her and went about their business, avoiding the exposure of her location.

As expected, Yimin was only trying to trick her, not actually discovering her location, and Summer stayed quiet, adjusting her angle of concealment as the other man moved, waiting for him to leave on his own when he couldn't find anyone.

"Summer, why are you hiding? Come on out, we really don't have much time." Yimin was solicitous and persuasive, "Are you trying to go alone? That's not possible, you're in danger without me. So stop messing around and come out......"

Summer waited for a while and felt something was wrong, Yimin kept wandering around the area looking, she watched from the shadows as he searched shop by shop, shelf by shelf, with no sign of going anywhere else. At this rate, it wouldn't be long before he found her hiding place.

She couldn't wait any longer!

Summer made a split-second decision and, after the other woman turned into yet another shop, quickly ran wildly in the opposite direction, taking advantage of the cover. Unfortunately for her, Yimin's location was in the direction of the nearest mall exit. In order to be on the safe side, Summer had no choice but to abandon the side entrance and take the long way around to the other exit, which involved the danger of being spotted.

Yimin is looking for her, and the signs of a break-up are coming. He burst into speed, unlike any other human being, following her almost to the ground, looking for her from place to place as fast as he could. On several occasions, Summer came close to being seen by him, but only managed to avoid it thanks to her quick wit and agility.

"Summer, you can't get away. I know you're here, I've seen you! If you come out now, I'll let you off the hook for lying to me!" Yimin's voice broke into a harsh and unpleasant tone, "I said I would protect you from going home, don't you want to go home, Summer?"

She was not far from the exit, and according to the signs, the underground car park of the mall was just beyond here. Although the car park category sounded like the location of some horrific event, at least it was better than the unobstructed, uncovered expanse of the main street.

Summer found her chance and ran wildly into the small exit door in one fluid motion. She jumped down two long flights of stairs in two steps and into the silence of the underground car park. The yellowish incandescent lights overhead illuminated the large space, and she didn't have time to look carefully as she found a dense area full of parked cars to dart through. Not long after she had taken cover, Yimin's call came from the stairway down which she had descended.

"Summer, don't run. You won't get away......"

"I'm going to find you. Don't you dare run away from me......"

"Summer? I SEE you!"

The last words were similar to the call she had heard last night at the hotel window, the same shrill, grim sound that had sent goosebumps crawling down her back. It was the same chilling laugh that echoed through the empty car park, the laugh that seemed to come over and over again from all directions, making Summer's hair stand on end. She dared not look out and hid behind the tyres of an SUV to prevent them from seeing her through a gap in the car.