Chapter 14

When she heard the knock on the door, Summer's first thought was that her parents had come the door. If they knew where she was, they wouldn't be calling one after another, asking her where she was. She sat still, and when the knocker didn't hear the answer, he knocked again three times. Summer looked around, not finding any weapons to hand. Her eyes swept to her bag at the foot of the bed and she suddenly remembered that there seemed to be a silver knife in it.

Without saying a word, she took it out and held it in her hand, stepping gently closer to the door and listening intently. The person outside the door waited patiently for a while but did not hear any movement. At the same time, the person seemed to have remembered something, and Summer heard an unfamiliar male voice outside the door.

"Summer, are you in there? I'm the one who left a reminder in your notebook, did you see the reminder? I'm in a bit of trouble, could you please let me in?"

Summer looked puzzled, the person who had left the bloody note in the diary telling her to run After a moment's deliberation, she moved the chair blocking the door and unlocked the swinging lock on the door, opening it a crack. Cautiously, she did not undo the other chain lock to ensure that whoever was outside the door would at least be able to block it if they tried to force their way in unwillingly.

The small white light installed in the corridor allowed her to barely make out the person in the doorway. It was indeed a grown man, in his late 30s, wearing a dark blue leisure suit. About her height, with a thin build and a white face, he looked inexplicably familiar. Summer thought about it, but couldn't really remember where she had seen it before. When the man saw her open the door, he came closer with excitement.

"Summer, I finally found you. I came here specifically to save you, it's not safe outside now, can you not......" He sounded a little weak, and as a result, before he could finish a sentence, Summer saw him fall down with a roll of his white eyes.

The strong smell of blood lingering between her nostrils told her the man in front of her was wounded, coupled with his comment that it wasn't safe outside...... Although she didn't know what trouble he was talking about, she figured if she just left him outside the door unattended, he'd probably be cold by tomorrow morning. Who let her do want to know what he meant by those words? Plus she was such a kind person ......

Without hesitation, Summer closed the door and left the unconscious man lying on the cold, cold ground outside the door.

Ten minutes later.

The door to room 305 opened again and Summer came out with a pile of white cloths in her hand, first tying the man's hands and feet securely behind his back before dragging the unconscious man hard into the room and locking the door again. The light in the room was much brighter than in the corridor outside, and Summer dragged the man in and set him down on the floor, then saw clearly that his dark blue clothes were stained with blood, and that the dark marks were so bad that it looked like he had been badly injured.

Luckily she remembered some basic first aid for trauma, and Summer gave him a brief examination and there were no major injuries. It was the number of small cuts that made them look scary. She couldn't quite tell what had caused these wounds. After making sure that the man on the floor was not dead. Summer left him alone, not to mention the fact that she had no medicine around to help him with his wounds, and she didn't think she could risk going out to buy medicine for a stranger she had just met up there.

With such a big man in the room, even with his wounds and her tied up, there was no way he was going to sleep tonight. So Summer saw that he wasn't going to wake up any time soon and hurried into the bathroom to take a quick battle bath. When she opened the door with her wet hair, the man was still awake and hadn't even changed his position or posture.