Day 01: Alliance + First

~

"Man it's so boring here." Shachi complained, scratching his head, his hat laying by his side on the grassy ground of the country inhabited on the back of a giant elephant. "I mean I'm not dissing the entire island that it's boring but..."

"Yeah I know, we all miss Captain." Penguin pouted just the same.

"I still can't believe that he just shipped us away to Zou like this and went on his own."

"To be honest, I think we would just be in his way if we went along and we all know he's a softie so he just decreased some liabilities." There were a few grunts and sighs of resigned approval from the rest of the crew sprawled in the clearing.

"Captain better not do something stupid while we are not there." Clione said from a little away.

"I swear... the amount of injuries he sustains. Being the captain and the ship's doctor, you'd think he would show some restraint and common sense and not get hurt as often as he does but he's an idiot." Penguin joked and one by one the crew started voicing their worries.

"Now I am worried. What if he's hurt and there is no one to help?"

"What if he is adding more to our crew?"

"What if he found a lover?" Bepo wondered out loud, missing the casual naps he took with Law.

"Try again Bepo, what are you worried about that Captain might do?" Penguin sat up and crawled closer to the bear.

"What if he forms an alliance with a dumbass?" Bepo pointed and both Shachi and Penguin laughed.

"An alliance? Our Captain? Nah man, I don't think that will happen even in a thousand years." Shachi laughed and rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah Bepo, you are worrying about the wrong things." Uni called.

"There is no way he would form pirate alliances." Ikkaku agreed.

The entire crew minus Bepo was in for a shock when the news did come around that their captain had, indeed, formed an alliance, and with the dumbass, Mugiwara no Luffy, no less.

~

"Torao, your crew is funny." Luffy laughed, lounging at Law's side with meat in his hands. Law was trying to get some rest by closing his eyes but when Luffy situated himself next to the other captain, it stopped being the case.

They were partying at Zou and since Law was not that much of a party person, he had stepped aside to avoid getting swept up in the Strawhats' pace, he had lost enough dignity at Punk Hazard and Dressrosa. The bonfire was dying down and since the party was declining in its festivities, Luffy too, wandered to find someone who was awake, which led him to Law.

"How so?" Law asked keeping his eyes closed and slumping further against the tree he was resting on. The light from the fire was bothering him a little and maybe it showed on his face because soon a shadow got cast over his face and he peaked through one eye to see Luffy adjusting himself in a way so the light did not fall on Law's face. Law thought it was a sweet gesture but kept his mouth closed. Luffy was sitting close enough for Law to absently play with the fluffs at the end of his jorts.

"They were passing your bear some money right now and looked really angry at you." Law's eyebrows furrowed but he refused to open his eyes.

"Right now? Are they still here?"

"Yeah! Behind the trees!"

"Idiots." Law mumbled and subtly opened a room. With a flick of his wrist, he shambles-ed the crewmates he could sense in front of him.