Day 08: Reincarnation

~

Monkey D. Luffy was an immortal. He was born sometime after the creation of the universe. He roamed the world, undying, finding fun things to do, finding fun places to spend his unlimited time. Then he found more immortals and went on adventures with them throughout the world. They became his nakama. This went on for a few hundred years and Luffy was content with all the new experiences he had with his friends as the world progressed. Then it happened. He fell in love with a mortal man.

He fell in love with Trafalgar Law.

And Trafalgar Law was taken from him.

Then he was reincarnated.

It was by pure coincidence that Luffy met the reincarnation of his lover. He looked the same, talked the same, everything was the same. Except, he didn't know or remember Luffy. When the immortal found out that this Law had no recollections, he courted him again and they fell in love, again. On their first kiss, memories from the past life flooded the mortal's mind. He remembered everything, his love, his life.

Then he was taken again as was the inevitability of being a mortal.

Luffy searched the world for a new reincarnation and whenever he found his lover, they always fell in love again and remembered. The immortal wanted a way of making his lover the same as him, undying, but even his most knowledgeable friends couldn't help him in that regard. Again and again Luffy lost Law to the sands of time, unable to do anything but to wait for the next time his lover would be born. Sometimes the reincarnation skipped a generation but he always came back.

Or so Luffy thought. It had been nine hundred years and there was no reincarnation. He knew he hadn't missed him because Luffy had an entire network in the world looking out for Law. He was confused and searched for some sort of answers for the skipped years but found none. His nakama were a little worried as well and he could tell he hadn't been himself for at least three hundred years.

"Are we there yet?" Luffy asked, poking Usopp's cheek, bored out of his mind being on the jet for too long.

"It's another five hours Luffy." Nami responded without looking up from her magazine. The boy deflated in his seat, sliding off it from boredom. He thought of asking Robin to tell him some fun things but she looked really scary at the moment.

"Luffy." Robin called from the seat in the back.

"I swear I was not going to bother-"

"They found Torao-kun." The quiet that followed the woman's statement was a rare occurrence.

"Where?!" Luffy was hanging off Robin's seat in a matter of seconds, heart beating so fast he thought he would actually die this time.

"In the opposite direction we are going."

"Nami!" The woman was already leaving her seat to get proper coordinates from Robin to devise a navigation route with Jinbei who was flying the plane. "I get to see Torao! Torao is here again!" Luffy couldn't contain his happiness.

"Let me play a melody fitting of this occasion."

~

Luffy and his nakama arrived in the city Law was reincarnated and upon seeing the 'Welcome To' sign board, Luffy realized he was back at Goa. He hadn't paid attention to their destination the entire way and was now only recognizing the very visible scenery of his home country.

"Gimme the info you have, I will go home and track Torao." Luffy insisted and Robin relayed all that she currently had on his lover.

"Luffy remember rules are different this time around." Nami started. "Don't approach him directly like last time- and he's gone." The orange haired woman sighed and the group of friends made their way to their respective residences, because knowing Luffy, he would be staying in Goa until he got Law to remember their lives together.