Day 05: Captain's Quarters

~

"Oh I'm not letting you win today Mugiwara-ya." Shachi heard Law say from inside the Captain's quarters and turned red. There was a playfulness of sorts in his voice.

"I always win fair and square Torao!"

"No you don't! We have a rule remember? You're not allowed to put yours on top of mine." Penguin shared a look with Shachi and turned redder. The two were passing by to let Law know that dinner was ready.

"Then why don't you move and try to top me?" Shachi sputtered at the words he heard from the ever-innocent Monkey D. Luffy.

"We agreed on not doing that!"

"It's not fun this way!"

"We'd be at it forever if we play it your way." Both the men shared another look but kept quiet to listen more. "Ooooh! No, you have to shake it!"

"Oh god what is happening in there?" Penguin pulled his hat all the more down.

"Shake what?" Shachi whispered, mortified.

Penguin took a deep breath and knocked on the door repeatedly. "Captain! Mugiwara! Dinner's ready!" He yelled at the top of his lungs and bolted.

"Fuck! Wait Peng! Don't leave me behind!" Shachi followed his friend.

Inside the captain's quarters, Luffy jumped off the bed to get to dinner quick, throwing the dice aside, flipping the LUDO board in the process.

"You monkey! Help me pick the pieces back up!" Law scolded getting up as well, pulling the game packaging out from under his bed to put the things back.

"But food!" Luffy pouted and Law felt weak in the stomach to counter his lover.

"Fine. But you are picking the pieces after dinner."

"Deal!" Luffy said and exited to the sub's kitchen.

Law sighed and left the room at his own pace. It was Luffy's second day of staying at the Polar Tang, or more accurately, with Law, because the younger had insisted on spending some time together before they both entered different regions and became inaccessible for who knows how long. Law didn't deny because he himself was feeling a little lonely without the other captain.

The Thousand Sunny was sailing some distance from the Tang, not too close but not too far either. Law remembered the faces of all the crew when Luffy declared he would be spending time at the Tang, the strawhats were threatening Law with their looks. As if Law would ever hurt their precious captain.

After dinner and a few games of whatever the crew wanted to play, everyone had retired for the night. Law wanted to get some reading done but Luffy wanted to cuddle so there they were, in bed, Luffy stuck to Law's side and Law trying to read, which the boy beside him was making very difficult with his finger poking the older in his ticklish places.

"Stooop." Law suppressed his laughter and swatted at Luffy's hand.

"Nishishishi, I like hearing Torao's laugh." Luffy said and moved closer to the other. Law sighed and put away his book, putting both his arms around the younger and pulling him on top of himself, he knew Luffy liked that. Luffy tilted his head and rested his cheek on Law's chest, making eye contact with the Hearts captain and grinning. Law couldn't help the smile himself.

They stayed like that for a while, then Luffy spoke. "Torao, why don't you ever spend the night at Sunny?"

Law raised his brows at the question. He was going to say he did spend nights there but felt this was another matter. "Spend nights how?"

"Like sleep the night."

"Oh. You noticed."

"Mmhmm." Luffy was correct, Law had not once, slept during the night at the Thousand Sunny but it was not because he couldn't sleep.

"I don't feel comfortable in a place or room full of people, so I can't sleep, no offense to anyone, but I just can't do it." Law said truthfully.

"Yeah you never slept when we were going to Dressrosa too!"

"Yes. That, and I had to keep an eye on Ceasar too." Luffy was quiet for a while more, thinking.

"Do you need another room? I can ask Franky." The Strawhat captain asked, proud of having thought of this.

"I don't want to impose and make changes unnecessarily-"

"Torao, you are important to me, it's not unnecessary." Luffy scolded and Law sighed, defeated. "So, another room?"

"Can I think about it?"

"Ok! Let me know tomorrow." Law nodded. Luffy fell asleep first, leaving Law to his thoughts.

~

"Do you have a captain's quarters?" Law asked in the morning when they were, as Law had promised Luffy, aboard the Thousand Sunny to play, only it wasn't much playing because Law didn't want to run around, dodging water, so Luffy had put his gun away too for the time being, munching on the snacks Sanji brought for them all.

"Uh...I think we have one?" Luffy scratched his head and inhaled the entire plate of potato wedges.

"Go ask Robo-ya."

"Going!" Luffy said and nearly went then stopped and turned back. "Ah wait!" He kissed Law quickly on the cheek and went on his way, leaving Law red in the face.

When Franky moved about the ship carrying supplies and there were sounds of hammering and things moving, everyone went to inquire what was happening. Luffy had, meanwhile, returned to fill Law in on the news.

"We have a captain's quarters! But I never used it so Franky is just fixing what needs to be fixed, then we can use it!" Luffy jumped, excited to have Law on his ship for the night.

"Thank you."

"Nishishi~" Law was ruffling Luffy's hair when Zoro appeared.

"What, Torao you are too mighty now to sleep with the rest of us?" Zoro teased, elbow resting on his swords, a smirk on his face and a water pistol in his other hand.

"I don't suppose you want to be woken up in the middle of the night by very loud sex. I am doing you a favor." Law said back with an even bigger smirk. Zoro made a disgusted face, clearly having lost the battle.

"Please make use of the captain's quarters." Usopp said from behind Zoro in a Zoro-like voice. "Sanji and I are enough to traumatize the entire men's sleeping quarters."

"Oi! Get back here Usopp!" Zoro ran after Usopp with the water gun shooting jets at the sniper.

"That looks fun!" Luffy said joining Zoro and Usopp. In his boredom, Law had somehow allowed himself to play the water gun game with the strawhats. It was fun drenching Luffy but getting sprayed in return was not fun at all. By the time the sun started setting, Franky was done with the renovations and had allowed Luffy and Law to view the room.

"Do you like it?" Luffy asked, shaking with excitement. Law looked around impressed that the shipwright did such an excellent job in so little time.

"I like it."

"So you will stay the night?"

"Two, like you did."

"Yay!" Law liked a sunny Luffy and being the reason for Luffy to be this excited, Law felt all warm and nice inside.

After dinner, all of the Strawhats patted Law and congratulated him on becoming a part of the family, they made a toast to that. Law didn't know what he had expected but he definitely had not anticipated the familial warmth Luffy's crew received him with. It made Law realize that to him it wasn't about the captain's quarters, it was about having a place on the Thousand Sunny and among the crew like Luffy claimed Law had and the rubber captain delivered on it because Law only felt loved and welcomed, the privacy of the captain's quarters was just an added bonus.

~

Vote and leave a comment if you enjoyed <3

Itachi_Warrior desu~! ^/_\^