Day 04: Injured

~

Wano was free. They had set out to topple one Yonko but ended up dethroning two. The country rejoiced. The crews rested and ultimately it was time for them to leave. The Thousand Sunny and Polar Tang were docked side by side, all ready and waiting just for the Captains. Both the crews were already on decks watching the captains talk in the distance.

"Alright then, guess this concludes-" Law started, his heart heavy.

"Torao." Luffy looked at Law and the elder's breathing stopped for a moment. Whatever Luffy wanted to say, Law knew it had to be heard away from the crews' sights. Law opened a ROOM and shambles-ed them both in the nearby forest. As soon as Luffy registered they were both on solid ground and surrounded by trees nobody could see through, he wrapped his arms around Law along with the tree he was standing in front of multiple times, and kept him from moving. "Gimme your vivre card," came a desperate request from the rubber captain.

"This alliance is over, why would I do that?" Law found himself saying before stopping to think the implications of his statement. He did not want the alliance to be over. He did not want to part with Luffy. He wanted to stay and enjoy life with his lover. But Law also had plans, he wanted to find out about the Will of D. He wanted to know the history of the world. It pained Law to decide that if Luffy's and his feelings were true, they would find each other again but right now, they needed to go their separate ways. Apart from that, if Law were being honest, he did not want to handover his vivre card to anybody.

"You're nakama-"

"No I'm not." Luffy rolled his eyes and kissed Law on the lips, to which Law responded in kind. "That doesn't change anything."

"Toraaaoooooooooooo!" Luffy whined resting his chin on Law's chest and looking up at him with puppy eyes.

"Nami-ya has Bepo's, there is no need for mine. You can track us anytime." Law wondered why he was relenting to even be tracked.

"Yeah the Heart pirates but not you." Law hated to admit that Luffy had a point. "We have no reason to travel together anymore since Kaido is down but... I don't wanna let you go. What if something happens to you and I can't do anything because I didn't know? I can't let that happen again."

Law sighed. Not only was Luffy making a whole lot of sense, it also reminded Law that the otherwise sunny captain struggled with PTSD over his brother's death. "Fine. But you're not allowed to find me every time it starts burning a little and don't hand it to anybody else or I'll detach your balls and stick them to your nose."

"Torao's funny!" Luffy laughed unwinding himself and letting Law go, not uttering agreements to any of Law's conditions. Law activated his ROOM and detached a part of his skin on his chest and brought out his vivre card. "And paranoid."

"Safe and cautious." Law bit and neatly tore a piece, giving it to Luffy.

"You don't want mine?" Luffy asked pouting, folding the piece and stuffing it in the ribbon of his strawhat.

"I already have it."

"Whaaattt?! When did that happen?!"

"When your brother made one for you on Dressrosa."

"You had it all this time?! Torao that's cheating!"

"To quote something extremely cheesy and out of character," Law took Luffy's chin and smirked, "all is fair in love and war." He lightly kissed Luffy on the lips and let him go, chuckling a bit at the fuming monkey boy. They both started the walk back, leaving a lot unsaid and as soon as the sun started peaking from the trees, Law held Luffy back by the arm. "Take care of yourself."