FOUR: More Surprises

A/N: This chapter might span a couple of chapter spaces, I have a lot planned. This one and Three weren't really in the same time setting as the film, bc in the movie there's more action which makes scenes go faster, and since I'm not doing many other POVs, it didn't make sense to make them longer for other scenes bc V doesn't know what's going on elsewhere.
/

~~Pietro's POV~~

Wakanda was even more beautiful than Pietro could've imagined. He couldn't stop looking at the scenery as the Quinjet entered the invisible country.

Pietro sat nearest the cockpit, opposite Wanda. Vision was in the back with V, so Pietro had his sister all to himself.

She saw him gawking. "It really is beautiful, isn't it?" She asked and he nodded.

A pause. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." He saw her worried look.

"No you're not." She almost grinned. "Is it her?"

He waved it off. "She's the least of my problems. Besides, she's HIS."

"V's been through a lot. She feels alone, and scared."

"Sure." He scoffed.

"Pietro, do you trust me?" Her question caught him off guard.

"Of course I do."

"Then trust me with this; Tony Stark and his family are not who we thought they were all those years ago. Stark cares about his team, especially."

"What do you want me to do?"
"I want you to accept that this is where we are and to get over your grudges." She sat back in her seat. "Can you do that for me?"

Pietro sighed. "Fine. But only for you."

"Thank you."

Just then, the jet landed and the Captain began to get up. He walked up to Pietro before speaking to everyone.

"I don't know exactly what will happen today, but I'm assigning teams so no one gets lost." He started. "If I don't call your name, let me know. "Wanda with Vision, Bucky with V, Banner with me, Pietro with Natasha." He turned to V, informing her that this 'Bucky' would be meeting them as they exited the jet.

Pietro glanced over at Agent Romanoff, but she was already eyeing him. He wondered how long he had before she ruined him for "breaking her little sestra's heart".

He looked over at V, and wondered if he could still salvage anything from his earlier destruction.

~~V's POV~~

She saw Bucky as soon as the people just outside of the ramp came into view. His hair longer and better cared for now than it was the last time she'd seen him, and his arm was different. But something else was different too. He was happy.

Well, as happy as he could be for a man who thought his war was over. Bucky had a determination to him, much like her own. Neither had anything to prove, they just didn't want to be anyone's toys anymore.

"I remember you," a familiar voice called to V. She came out of her daydream of meeting Prince Loki of Asgard—a very lively conversation about how the tower could be pranked—to Prince T'Challa standing in front of her. She hadn't seen anyone bow before him so she didn't bother, though she did try to curtsey, nearly leaning too much and falling to the ground. It earned quite the laughter from the bald-woman warriors behind him who—if V were honest—looked REALLY COOL.

"Prince T'Challa!" She exclaimed, giving a hug without warning.

He hugged her back happily.

"Princess Violet, right?"