i.

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

the moment ran the glint in your eyes when you laid your eyes on him, he already knew it: you fell in love with him.

was he being narcissistic? maybe. but you were too obvious that anybody who wouldn't get the clue is either dumb or stupid. the subtle glances, the slick moves, the way your voice changes when you speak to him, and the prolonged hold when your hand is in his. fuck, you went as far as straight up telling him that you loved him.

this all started when you moved in roppongi.

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

it was in the summer, and you were just about to enter your first job at the city. the university you got accepted in happened to be near a relative's condominium unit, and they allowed you to use for your accommodation. the unit was situated in one of roppongi's most pricey buildings, so you can already tell the extreme culture shock you get from casually walking by your fellow tenants adorning the latest trends with their branded outfits. they were in a different world than you, that's for sure.

roppongi's one of those places that never sleep, even in the dead of the night. the malls are just flourishing with goods ranging from lavish food to high-tier fashion. their most-sought amenities, the night clubs, are constantly flooded by both local and foreign individuals looking for an escape from the harsh grips of reality. there's a lot to unravel in this district and the thrill just never ends.

you aren't exactly cut off in that kind of life. sure, you can handle a bit of irresponsible fun every now and then, but nothing beats the comfort of your own bubble. the unit you were about to move it to was relatively away from the bustling noise. foot and vehicle traffic wouldn't be much of a problem since the unit's on the 25th floor of the building. your neighbors are civilized enough, since most of them are busy being somewhere else, so peace is a factor in the condominium as well.

you weren't used to it, to be honest. when you had your first step in roppongi, you knew you've been stripped from the safe compounds of a provincial lifestyle. everything moves too fast in urbanized areas and people wouldn't spare a second doing nothing of relevance for their self-development. it was somewhat a dog-eat-dog world and those who haven't had the chance of living in it are sure to get devoured if they are easily taken in.

progress ushered within roppongi as you grab the last of your heavy belongings, painstakingly making your way into the lobby as you orchestrated the dialogues you would be having with the receptionist. they'll ask for your identification, for sure, then offer you the key, add in some reminders, and you'll be on your merry way.

"hey," you spoke, your breath short from your ardous journey, "y/n l/n? i moved my stuff here last week. i'm finally moving in today."

"oh, hello again, ms. l/n! hold on a second." the receptionist pulled a sweet smile before proceeding to type something on her computer.

you took the time to scan the entire lobby as the receptionist was busy. it was an average-sized lobby, just enough to hold a crowd, but it was still extravagant with the decors of a modern motif. it was mostly colored gold, with a few mirrors placed securely to the sides. a small lounge was also present and dainty elevator music chimed from the speakers.

this is better, you thought. you had a look at other units around roppongi, and a lot of them were either extremely expensive or mediocre. this condo you boarded, whilst it had a slightly higher price point, is enough to shelter you for the time being. your relative have entrusted you to take care of it and ultimately pledged to answer to your lodging, cutting most of the rent for you to take a load off. eventually, you'll be making your own salary and hopefully a self-owned unit, so your relative has been of great help.