ii.

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

ran gets fucked for a living, literally.

people come to roppongi for various reasons, be it the local food, the landmarks, the culture, and a lot more. but it's the night life that's on another level. the clubs. the music. the "entertainers". the industry is a competition, and ran is winning.

while ran is formally a host whose job is to keep rich yet pathetic losers company, it's the other, unspoken side of it that pays well. he was considered a sought-for identity, his way of carrying himself in different situations the most talked about amongst the visitors who frequent ran's workplace. his irrisistable charm and alluring look prey on the most feverish of clients and he has been going at it for quite a long time now.

their condominium unit was mostly thanks to the fruits of labor conducted by him and his gig. diehard clients constantly shower the guy with attention and money, so he is, what people would call nowadays, a sugar baby, and a cute one at that. whether ran likes the gig or not is still up for debate. despite the luxury you receive from it, it doesn't remove the fact that it's filthy business.

ran has established avoiding emotional attachments when undertaking his job, but he would be lying if he said that he didn't let himself slip every now and then. this cycle of expectations leading to heartbreaks only makes things more complicated for him as his distrust towards others harden. how badly does ran want a normal life and love as freely as the most without the stigma.

ran dragged his feet up to the bed and plopped into it, the last bit of his energy exhausted. he breathes into the sheet before turning to face the ceiling. he just woke up, by the way, and it's a day off.

he winced as he felt a stinging sensation on his cheek. running his fingers through the area, he remembered you. how peculiar you were, to say the least. he wondered if you've settled in, or if you managed to get any rest since you seemed like the type to lose sleep over humiliating experiences. your erratic behavior was just what he needed to have a laugh or two every now and then.

there doesn't seem to be any footsteps out of his room. his little brother had gone off ahead earlier than usual.

does rindou know about ran's "services"? he does. ran has never been vocal about it, but there seemed to be a mutual understanding regardless. you do you, just don't get into trouble for it, rindou told ran once and the eldest kept it in his heart truthfully. it was a topic they never really discussed openly, so as of the moment, rindou's stance on it is still on hold.

rindou's probably at some music studio, so he's probably coming home late as well; ran knows all too well about rindou's passion and how he hyperfixates on his craft like a mad man. ran has the unit all by himself for the whole day, so there's nothing to do but laze around.

to sleep or to eat? that was the question.

ran found himself suiting up to go outside, which is rare for him to do. the food supply in the unit has been running low so he's on grocery duty. today's outfit is nothing too fancy to avoid attention: a black turtle neck, black slim pants, a pair of black timberlands, and a mid-length trench coat in the color beige. okay, maybe it is too fancy, but being underdressed is the ultimate sin for ran.

after double checking if the electricity's been shut throughout the unit, ran went out of the front door and locked it. the sound of it closing echoed across the hallway. he took a second to fumble his pocket to check if his phone is there in case rindou calls him.

ran walked to the elevator with only his subconscious since he's practically memorized the number of steps it would take since he's been in this condominium for years. an unprecedented occurance happened though, with the door of unit 2510 folding.