iii.

a/n: italicized = flashbacks

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

"doctor l/n?" one of your students tapped your shoulder. "doctor, are you okay?"

"hm?" your eyes averted to your concerned student. "oh, sorry, did you need anything?"

the student laughed with caution. "n-nothing, doctor... you were spacing out. you might trip on your way to the room or something."

"ah..." you dumbfoundedly reply. "well, last night's emergency didn't really gave me enough time to sleep."

the student let out an impressed coo. "were they saved, doctor?"

"of course." you smiled back.

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

the instruction went smoothly, though you were a bit sluggish most of the time, but thankfully the students were understanding. in fact, they even applauded you for your hard work.

as one of the relatively fresh doctors, you had an excellent record, so excellent in fact, that you skyrocketed your career on par with the renowned ones in the field. of course, this paved the way for a lot of envy. education isn't as wholesome as most make it out to be, and this isn't just an occurance within the student body, but also within the faculty. as the new one, your common opponent would be the veterans.

the glances you gained from your co-teachers would've killed you. first day of work and you're already a target. you weren't exactly in the most groomed state with your messy hair and heavy eyebags.

you made your way into the faculty room's break room without making a fuss and spotted a coffee machine on the counter.

"had a rough night, dr. l/n?" the voice said from the other side of the break room. "let me make that for you."

"oh-" you were shoved to the side by this towering man that reached the cupboards effortlessly. "thank you."

the man smiled. he looks oddly familiar.

he had a gray pinstriped suit on with a tri-colored necktie. his round glasses shielded his brown eyes and his black hair with blonde streaks was swept neatly to the left side of his slim face. he faced you, turning his head further and revealing the dangling earrings on his other ear.

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

the music in the auditorium was getting really annoying, also the punch wasn't giving you any state of euphoria.

shouldn't you be feeling any joy for even a little degree? the finals were fast approaching and no music could be loud enough nor any party light could be bright enough to distract you from your academic duties. you were invited to this college get-together to at least take your mind off from the exams, but it only just got worse by panicking the fuck out in silence as the party raged on.

you sat by the bleachers, tensed and lost in your own thoughts, you didn't notice someone taking up the space beside you.

"rough day?" he asked, gaining your attention.

it was someone evidently taller by how he still had to look down on you even while seated. his black hair with a flashy streak of blonde lazily fell to his forehead, drenched with sweat. he had a plain white oversized shirt on and reeked of alcohol but he didn't appear tipsy at all.