Chapter 22

Pls vote and comment 😉

Nikolai rushes me out of the mall after a phone call. He didn't tell me anything. He said some things to his men in Russian and took me back home. It must have been very urgent because he even called for security and Massimo, but apparently, now Nikolai speaks Italian too and is so adamant that I don't know what's going on. It's honestly frustrating.

"Nikolai, what's going on?"

Nikolai groans. "What did I tell you?"

I roll my eyes. "I don't care what you told me. I want to know what's going on."

Nikolai pinches my nipple, making me yelp. "Shut up."

I cross my arms. "Ok fine." I stop cuddling him and get off the chair.

"Where the hell are you going?" He calls out.

"Away from you," I say casually.

Nikolai stands up and follows me into the room. "Leave me alone."

"Stop being a baby, Bells."

"Tell me what's going on," I whine, jerking on the bed.

Nikolai sits on the bed. "You shouldn't worry about it."

I sigh. "Nikolai, you promised me. You should tell me."

Cornflower blue, again. He looks at me with guilt in his eyes. I can't believe it. Did he do what I think he did?

"Wait....did you cheat on me?" I say with fear coursing through my veins.

Nikolai furrows his brows. "What? No, the fuck?"

I get off the bed, annoyed, pissed, frustrated, and slightly relieved. "Then what the hell is going on? Why are Brandi, Winola, and Massimo acting weird?! Why are you acting weird?! Why aren't you telling me what's going on?!"

"There's a lot I haven't told you." He admits. "You have to sit down."

I sit back down on the bed. "Talk."

"Diego's seen you somewhere. I don't know where, but you've talked to him before or at least bumped into him. He doesn't want you dead. He's playing Liam; he wants me dead and you with him."

I furrow my brows. "Does he really think I'm going to willingly be with him if you die?"

"I'm not fucking dying. He's been trying to kill me for six years and failed."

I furrow my brows. "I don't understand. This isn't too bad."

Nikolai bends down and takes my hands. "There is something else." Nikolai clears his throat. "When you were poisoned, there was one point where you stopped breathing, and your heart stopped as well, and the baby lost oxygen–"

"What, baby?!" I snap.

"You...were pregnant, I didn't know, and you didn't either, but the baby died and–"

"Why wasn't this said at the hospital?" I say, controlling my breathing. I....had a baby inside me, and I didn't know.

"Bells, I don't want you to think I hid this from you because I didn't want this baby. It was only because we could've had the baby if I didn't get drunk. I was guilty, and I didn't want you to fucking flip cause I know how much you wanted a baby."

What the hell do I say? What should I do? Do I cry or say let's try again. Am I supposed to get mad at him?

Nikolai wipes a tear off my face. "I'm sorry, Bells." He cups my face.

"I don't know what to say. I can't blame you. You didn't poison me."

Diego must be delusional if he thinks he can make me his, especially after he and Liam killed my baby.