14 : In The Middle of The Night

Roksoo could not sleep that night, she also cannot close her eyes either. she felt like someone will eat her alive if she close her eyes even for a second. 

Roksoo glanced at the two kittens that we're sleeping by her side soft snores can be heard from both of them, she patted them first before standing up from her bed and walked towards the window. 

Remembering about the encounter with Venion Stan makes her feels unsafe, why did Roksoo have to meet that damn lunatic snake? that crazy bastard who tortured a four year old dragon. 

"Noona?" The red cat, Hong awake from his sleep. he blinked multiple times before stretching his body as he let out a yawn.

Roksoo crouched down and opened her arms when she saw that hong was walking sleepily towards he, when Hong was already on her arms Roksoo then stood up. 

"Wanna go on a midnight walk? The breezy night feels good." 

Roksoo smiled as Hong nodded his head, she puts hong on the table first before wrapping her shawl on her shoulders. 

"Nya~" now the silver cat, On also already woke up from her sleep, she rubbed her eyes with her front paw. "Where are you going?"

"Walk, i can't sleep." On nodded at her snuggled into Roksoo's arm and Hong also does the same. loving their mother warmth.

•  •  • 

"998.....999....1000" 

In the middle of the night, a certain redhead can be seen outside the inn and was roughly swinging the sword he borrowed from one of the knights. 

The incident that happened earlier made Cale's blood boils in unexplainable anger. he was so angry to the point of wanting to massacre the whole marquis stan household. 

Cale swing his sword harder as his eyes glows in bright red color, full of bloodlust. 

The way that snake bastard looked at his Roksoo's body with desire and the way he even had the guts to kissed her hands. who cares whether Roksoo was wearing a glove. Venion STILL KISSED HER HAND!! 

"I really need to gouge his eyeballs out before cutting off his limbs and ripping that disgusting mouth of his!" Cale hissed, as a faint dark red aura unknowingly came out of him and through his sword.

Clank. the sword on Cale's hand fell into the ground. what will happen if he didn't stay by her side? Will something bad happen? 

Cale clenched his fist tightly. "Should i find i way, to keep her by my side?"  to keep her all by myself?

Cale picked up the sword and was about to swing it again when a soft voice appeared on his made, which made him flinch as he knew exactly who was the owner of those voice. 

"Roksoo-ah? What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" Cale throw the sword away as he hurriedly walked towards Roksoo before fixing her shawl that started to lose from her shoulders. 

"I can't sleep." Cale sighed. Roksoo not being able to sleep are rare. Cale did notice how Roksoo would always immediately fell asleep like a cute little kitten. "Come here." 

Cale gently held Roksoo's shoulders then brings her to the nearby bench and help her to sit down. a nice scent of roses went into his nose as Roksoo sit down next to him. It was...addicting to be honest. 

The redhead snapped when he heard Roksoo's voice. 

"Oppa, why are you training at midnight? Aren't you already strong enough?" 

"I need to get stronger. Because it wasn't still enough."  I need to get stronger so that no one will be able to take you away from me. 

"I see." Cale looked at Roksoo, he was able to see her faint smile thanks to the moonlight, as Cale's heart feels peace when he saw her beautiful smile.

Meanwhile Roksoo was....well trying her best to Calm her heart that was besting wildly, noticing how Cale was staring at her...fondly? She doesn't why? Why does her heart beating fast? why does cale is looking at her oh so fondly? 

The silence between them was not awkward at all. it was peaceful. As both of them are enjoying the beautiful starry night sky and the silence. only the two kitten's soft snores can be heard. 

And Cale... unconsciously said his thought. 

"The moon is beautiful isn't it?"