Chapter 31

D A C I A N

"Come back to my place," Dacian murmured, faking outward calm though he was completely and totally on edge.

He'd never extended an offer like this. Never had to put himself on the line before. And suddenly, he was very fucking nervous she would turn him down. That she wouldn't want more. That he had meant nothing to her.

"I have so much more to show you." So much more he wanted to try with her.

Would she say yes? Please god let her say yes.

He played his fingers over her lower back to emphasize his point – he could do things to her she'd never dreamed of.

If only she'd give him the chance.

Once the words were out there, he waited with bated breath. He watched her face like a hawk and his stomach curdled as her at first eager expression shifted, darkened, soured, and turned ultimately sad.

Heartbroken, even.

What the fuck? What was going on in her head?

"No," she breathed.

It took a heartbeat for the word to register. When it did, all sorts of crossfire started happening in his brain.

No? She'd said no to him?

He'd put himself out there, made himself vulnerable, made her an offer he'd never made another woman, and she was telling him no?

Then she added insult to fucking injury by stepping back, out of his arms, and walking off the dance floor.

If she thought he was going to be that easy to escape, she had another think coming.

He stalked angrily after her, caught up to her near the edge of the room, grabbed her hand and whirled her to face him.

"Allie," he bit out. "Talk to me."

She glared at him and glanced around. A few people turned their heads to look at them, and Dacian conceded the point. This was far too public a venue.

"Come with me." Not releasing her hand, he pulled her after him as he stalked out of the room, down the hallway, and around a corner. He spotted a door labeled MAINTENANCE and pulled her inside. Only when they were safely ensconced in what looked like a broom closet did he turn and face her again.

"What makes you think – " she started, but he wasn't listening.

He cupped the back of her neck, pressed her against the rack of cleaning tools behind her, and stepped into her. Her protests cut off on a sharp gasp. He inhaled her feminine, floral scent, rejoicing in the way her breathing had hitched and her heart was suddenly racing under his touch.

"You want me." He stated it as a fact, not a question.

"Yes." Her admission was meek. Submissive. Sexy.

He ground his hips against her, letting her feel the full, hard arousal that already pressed against the front of his slacks, and was rewarded with a throaty moan. She melted against him, her soft, feminine curves cupping him in all the right places.

God, they fit together like two puzzle pieces.

"You liked it the other night." His lips grazed her ear and he suckled it into his mouth. His thumb pushed under her jaw and poised above her pulse, which throbbed with a quick, seductive beat.

"Yes."

Lust was mounting in his fevered brain, his tightly strung body. He'd been craving being inside her again every moment of every day.