25

A year later.

"I'm sure he just caught up with work, and school. You know, he hasn't been out for almost two years.", Dr. Urie says.

"Yeah, but...he hasn't even been picking up his phone, and he hasn't come for visitations for two months.", Frank says with a tone of desperation.

"I don't blame him though. I told him he wouldn't be able to wait forever. There's nothing special about me, and there's tons of people out there better for him."

"Frank, you're leaving in four months, you can't just give up."

"I'm not, but I can't say the same for him."

*

Gerard sighs heavily as he sets the CDs in alphabetical order on the shelf. He was tired, so fucking tired. He had spent the past two days pulling all nighters, working on his stupid calculus work. At least that's what he wants to blame it on, not other things he has no energy to think about.

He lets out another yawn as he finishes putting the last cd on the shelf. He walks towards the front to make sure no one needed any assistance. It was just a habit anyways, he knew there wasn't anyone in the store. It was just him, it has only been him for a long time.

He starts to picture Frank's eyes, his lips, and the way his body curved into his touch.

He shakes his head, wanting to get rid of the thought and image. He hadn't seen Frank in a couple of months, he hasn't even talked on the phone with him. He hates himself for being such a coward, but he couldn't handle it. Franks' release date was still so far in the future, and he just couldn't stand it anymore. He missed sharing a bed with him, he missed holding him close. It was torture. And every time he saw him, it just reminded him even more that he couldn't have him. It was killing him so he stopped going.

He doesn't let himself think about how Frank must feel about all of this, he can't.